Notices
General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost decided

Old 03-11-2019, 12:25 AM
motorcyclepops
New User
motorcyclepops is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking Almost decided

Howdy all!! Looking at my first diesel. 06 F350 XLT with a buncha options. Lot of custom work has already been done to it. I don't plan on doing anything wild with this unit IF I buy it, It says it's already been bullet proofed. Has 144+K miles. Haven't seen anything for proof yet. looked it over a bit today....everything seems to be where it belongs. I saw no evidence of any structural damage, doors all line up, hood and bed clearances look just fine. What worries me is it says possible frame damage in the history. I have no idea what to choose to do a vehicle history check. I have heard of several, but don't know who to choose....
Been a Ford fan for MANY of my years. Started with a '53 Custom Flat Head in 1974 and most recently gave my daughter my '98 Windstar which she has cruised OVER the 325K mark and still going strong. I've owned, Comets, Mustangs, Mustang II's, E100, F100,
rebulit my brothers 58 F100 that went 'round the country from NY to the west coast hitting 46 states on that trip, a handfull of LTD's, and Marquies....even an old boat with 302 mercruiser!!!
I've been on the planet a while.....never too old to learn something new.....and I need to learn about the 6.0
So throw all your bits of knowledge my way.....from oil brands and weights, filters recommendations, Trans service intervals, cheats to tips and tricks...........I'll take 'em all.....

Old 03-12-2019, 06:38 AM
T diesel
Posting Guru
T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.
Are you looking for a new hobby?
Money burning a hole in your pocket?
If so, you'll be happy with the "06."

Old 03-12-2019, 10:40 AM
motorcyclepops
New User
Mr. T Diesel,
Gonna make me guess about what I should worry about, or actually give some information??

Old 03-12-2019, 04:46 PM
T diesel
Posting Guru
T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well, the lower end is pretty trouble free.
Here's a video to help.....

Old 03-12-2019, 05:19 PM
motorcyclepops
New User
Originally Posted by T diesel View Post
Well, the lower end is pretty trouble free.
Here's a video to help.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvi6KcOHcCg

Brutal.......Love what everyone has done with that video clip.....That one was especially well done......Hurtful to my fragile feelings, but well done none the less......I have a background in automotive......just not diesel. I'm hoping that gives me an edge on what some others may have experienced. I didn't buy it for flash. I'm not running it like an animal and thrashing it, so I hope that gives me an advantage .
I'm betting you're running a 7.3.......Leading me to ask the question, have you had no problems with that at all??

HA-HA!!!! I guess I should have read a little more carefully!! Pretty plain to see ya said 6.2!!

Last edited by motorcyclepops; 03-12-2019 at 09:51 PM. Reason: I didn't read about his SD very carefully!!
Old 03-12-2019, 09:16 PM
Postmaster
99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation99150 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by motorcyclepops View Post
Howdy all!! Looking at my first diesel. 06 F350 XLT with a buncha options. Lot of custom work has already been done to it. I don't plan on doing anything wild with this unit IF I buy it, It says it's already been bullet proofed. Has 144+K miles. Haven't seen anything for proof yet. looked it over a bit today....everything seems to be where it belongs. I saw no evidence of any structural damage, doors all line up, hood and bed clearances look just fine. What worries me is it says possible frame damage in the history. I have no idea what to choose to do a vehicle history check. I have heard of several, but don't know who to choose....
Been a Ford fan for MANY of my years. Started with a '53 Custom Flat Head in 1974 and most recently gave my daughter my '98 Windstar which she has cruised OVER the 325K mark and still going strong. I've owned, Comets, Mustangs, Mustang II's, E100, F100,
rebulit my brothers 58 F100 that went 'round the country from NY to the west coast hitting 46 states on that trip, a handfull of LTD's, and Marquies....even an old boat with 302 mercruiser!!!
I've been on the planet a while.....never too old to learn something new.....and I need to learn about the 6.0
So throw all your bits of knowledge my way.....from oil brands and weights, filters recommendations, Trans service intervals, cheats to tips and tricks...........I'll take 'em all.....
So, who *SAYS it has been bulletproofed? Tell them to show proof or start discounting price. Talk is cheap, but it takes money to buy whiskey! LOL

Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 PM
motorcyclepops
New User
O-yeah.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: