Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel size on an 2009 F250 v10

Old 03-10-2019, 06:10 AM
Mcrafty1
Posting Guru
Mcrafty1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Mcrafty1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wheel size on an 2009 F250 v10

I have another thread going on here but to lesson the confusion I will start a new one to ask....Did 09 F250 v10's have any other wheel size than 18"x8" from factory? I ask because the 2009 I just purchased has custom wheels that are 17"....I am looking to put stock alloy wheels one the truck, when I looked to buy that wheel the only option was 18x8 for factory wheels. my other two SD's have 18" wheels so the logical thing to do would be to keep them all the same. The other question I have is ...would the MPG's improve with 18" over 17" wheels ? I realize I would need to get a Ford dealer to re -calibrate the PCM to keep the speedo/odo accurate and probably to reset shift points. But my main concern would be MPG...at 12 now, I wouldn't want to lose any..would love to gain a little.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:30 AM
maticuno
Posting Guru
maticuno is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.maticuno is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There are steel 17" wheels as a factory standard on XL work trucks. Also, wheel size has much less to do with MPG and needing a speedometer calibration than tire size does. For example, a 16" wheel with a 265/75R16 tire has the exact same overall diameter as a 17" wheel with a 265/70R17 tire.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Mcrafty1
Posting Guru
Mcrafty1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Mcrafty1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by maticuno View Post
There are steel 17" wheels as a factory standard on XL work trucks. Also, wheel size has much less to do with MPG and needing a speedometer calibration than tire size does. For example, a 16" wheel with a 265/75R16 tire has the exact same overall diameter as a 17" wheel with a 265/70R17 tire.
For what ever reason, when I was on the site ( I forget which one now) pricing some factory alloy wheels, when I entered my information the only size highlighted was 18x8 none of the other sizes would let me select them. I'll keep looking, Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:01 PM
Bently_Coop
Post Fiend
Bently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputationBently_Coop has a superb reputation
You could find some Factory Take Offs on Craigslist or FTE Marketplace.

Anything 2005 to even the new style trucks will fit. 2004 18" wheels will have a different backspacing.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:07 AM
Mcrafty1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop View Post
You could find some Factory Take Offs on Craigslist or FTE Marketplace.

Anything 2005 to even the new style trucks will fit. 2004 18" wheels will have a different backspacing.
Thanks, I decided to stay with the 17 inch wheels, since that is what the truck came from the factory with...I bought a set of used factory wheels and will swap them when they arrive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.