Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

'08 F250 Clean up

Old 03-09-2019, 09:56 AM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
08SlvrBullit is starting off with a positive reputation.
'08 F250 Clean up

One owner (bought from family) 2008 F250. She's my daily drive, I am working on getting her cleaned up and updated. Posting mostly just to keep track of what I've done. This thread will be mostly cosmetic updates/cleanup.

UPDATE:

Old 03-09-2019, 09:59 AM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
"Raptor Style" Chrome grill. I had a hard time finding a pic of this specific one (with the FORD letters installed) before I purchased. Glad I pulled the trigger, nice update imo ... Headlights coming next week.

2008 F250 "Raptor style" grill with FORD logo.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:01 AM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
If you have never used Solution Black on your faded, chalky looking trim, you should really give it a try. A couple of coats and this stuff makes trim looks brand new. I apply it about once a year on my other vehicles, but you could go a little longer. Wipe on, wipe off, a little goes a LONG way ...

Old 03-09-2019, 10:04 AM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Never understood the red side vents ... Shot a fresh coat of black on the vents and reinstalled. To me, it looks like it was suppose to. I will be repainting the lettering on these soon.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Fefanatic
Elder User
Fefanatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 08SlvrBullit View Post
If you have never used Solution Black on your faded, chalky looking trim, you should really give it a try. A couple of coats and this stuff makes trim looks brand new. I apply it about once a year on my other vehicles, but you could go a little longer. Wipe on, wipe off, a little goes a LONG way ...

I also use Armorall tire dressing to make them shine and look new again. Lasts a few weeks but a quick spray when washing brings them right back to shiney new.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:14 AM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Fefanatic View Post
I also use Armorall tire dressing to make them shine and look new again. Lasts a few weeks but a quick spray when washing brings them right back to shiney new.
Yea man, I used all kinds of stuff (previous Jeep owner) to try and keep trim looking new. I got tired of re-applying and finally tried this stuff, I wash almost weekly and this stuff lasts without fading for around a year. Im obsessed with it

Old 03-09-2019, 03:25 PM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
I was kind of torn on this one:

When I bought the truck, the door trim was faded, oxidized, and well ... looked like ****. I put a band-aid on them by covering them with the chrome trim as shown, but it looked like crap and didn't cover the old trim well at all. OPTION 1: Paint 'em ... meh ... OPTION 2: Pull them off.

I decided to start with option 2 and I am diggin' the clean look ... For anyone wondering, it's pretty easy and quick if you are patient. Use heavy fishing line to remove, thumb off the adhesive (I didn't use any solvents) then polish with rubbing and polishing compound.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:35 PM
edjunior
Posting Guru
edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Never understood the red side vents ... Shot a fresh coat of black on the vents and reinstalled. To me, it looks like it was suppose to. I will be repainting the lettering on these soon.

The red side vents were to designate the Power Stroke Diesel, while the black was for the gas. I kinda liked the red (I had a '08 also), but the black looks good also.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:37 PM
edjunior
Posting Guru
edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
"Raptor Style" Chrome grill. I had a hard time finding a pic of this specific one (with the FORD letters installed) before I purchased. Glad I pulled the trigger, nice update imo ... Headlights coming next week.

2008 F250 "Raptor style" grill with FORD logo.
I'm not too sure about this one. I think I like it. But I can't quite like all the way...yet. You did a great job with the install though.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:25 PM
'01V10
Senior User
'01V10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The grill is not really my thing. I like simple, but not my truck and you dig it, so not criticizing at all. The rest of it looks great. Nice clean truck. That solution black stuff did great. I may need to look into that. You have a fine looking rig there. Good job and keep the pictures coming.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:36 PM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Originally Posted by edjunior View Post
The red side vents were to designate the Power Stroke Diesel, while the black was for the gas. I kinda liked the red (I had a '08 also), but the black looks good also.
I can appreciate the designation. I always thought the red looked out of place though. I do like the black a lot better ...

Old 03-09-2019, 11:39 PM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Originally Posted by edjunior View Post
I'm not too sure about this one. I think I like it. But I can't quite like all the way...yet. You did a great job with the install though.
😂 I am NOT a big chrome guy so itís a lot for me to swallow too but I do like it. If the truck was any color but silver there would be no way in hell I would have gone with it.

The plan is to get the new headlights on, wire up the grill lights and wrap the ford logo in black to tone it down a bit.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:43 PM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User

These are the lights I went with. They should be here next week.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:48 PM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Originally Posted by '01V10 View Post
The grill is not really my thing. I like simple, but not my truck and you dig it, so not criticizing at all. The rest of it looks great. Nice clean truck. That solution black stuff did great. I may need to look into that. You have a fine looking rig there. Good job and keep the pictures coming.
Thanks man! Iím really enjoying it so far. Donít let the price tag shock you when you look it up, it will last you forever. By the time you try a few crappy products that donít last, you will have wasted about the same $$$

Ps: I HIGHLY recommend using all of the factory hardware including clips if you ever go with any replacement grille. The crap that came with it was total garbage.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:27 AM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User

Got around to getting a coat of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax on the truck this morning. Time will tell how long it lasts, but initially this stuff is awesome.

Yes I know ... F11 & other comparable coatings are HOT right now, but after a lot of research, I believe I saved myself a lot of $$$. My issue with most of these coatings is that they claim to ďrepelĒ dirt and require ďno contactĒ when washing the car. Sounds great, but from what I observed from many reviews, what they donít tell you is that if you do use soap and water, it washes the coating off.

After WASHING, you simply spray another coat of this stuff on the wet vehicle, let it sit a few minutes, rinse and dry. As I said, time will tell how well it holds up, but the initial results are pretty impressive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.