Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

'08 F250 Clean up

Old 03-16-2019, 10:39 PM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
08SlvrBullit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by getn2focus View Post
First off, WAR EAGLE!
Secondly, loving the look and feel of this truck. Keep it coming!
WAR EAGLE!

Old 03-18-2019, 12:44 AM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Time for this dingy, ugly *** light to GO!

After pulling the old lights, I find this situation ... The center brake light was in bad shape!

Ordered the new light from Amazon (Dorman replacement) which came with all new bulbs. I intended to replace them with LEDs but no store around me carries them.

Yes, I decided to do this in the dark ... why not?

$48 later ... money well spent ... Much better.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:44 PM
edjunior
Posting Guru
edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sometimes those little details just pop. That's one that does. And if you do find the LEDs, it will look even better. Nice.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:51 AM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Thanks man, I agree! A lot of people would never notice but it does make a big difference.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:54 AM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User

It looks smoked here, but itís just faded and nasty 😂

Bling ....

Old 03-21-2019, 03:41 PM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Got emí! Full post coming later tonight after I get pics in the dark.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:32 PM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Cab Over America Wireless Cab Lights

Let me know when you guys get tired of seeing pics of Bertha ...

Im pretty stoked, the cab lights came in today from Cab Over America. I did NOT want to drill holes in my ride so I opted for a wireless, solar version and DAMN I'm impressed so far. I half expected some kind of ****ty solar light that you would find in your crazy aunts flower garden, and half had HIGH expectations that matched the price tag of these bad boys.

First off, I only have one gripe in the construction of these things (ok, maybe two ...)

1) When ordering you get to choose which lens you want, they are interchangeable (smoke, amber, or clear) and can be purchased separately if you change your mind after the fact (for an extra charge of course). They are fastened to the base and solar module by the little screws shown below. Everything seems high quality EXCEPT these little piece of **** nuts (pictured below). Unfortunately, I was forced to remove them to add the amber filter to the diodes (which would otherwise be white & illegal here in Bama). I had to use the world's smallest needle nose pliers (which I was lucky to have lying around) to get them loose. In the process, some of the paint on the nuts got scratched, and being as cheap as they are, I expect them to rust. I plan to put a dab of black fingernail polish on them to prevent rusting, but in my opinion, there are better ways of making this accessible for the change-out that would prevent me from taking this extra step.

2) My second issue: Totally unnoticeable, and to the average person, completely negligible, but the edges of the lenses on the underside seem unfinished. I know, its picky, but for a $400 set of lights I expect them to go the extra mile.

Installation was ridiculously easy (20 min. - start to finish). It came with an "extremely helpful Cab Over America special cloth measuring tape" which was neither that helpful in my case, nor was it cloth. It is cool that it is at "0" in the center and would be more useful for someone with a flat roof without the ridges. I did try to use it, but since the lights were centered in the valleys of the roof, I lined them up straight by sight and measured from the windshield to get them all equidistant. This was perfect for me, however, if you don't have a great eye, you might want to break out the tape.

Install was peel and stick. So easy a ... well you get it ... Just be sure to clean the area well with alcohol. I did find it easiest to peel off a small portion of the adhesive backing and pull it to one side, then place and double check measurements while holding the rear portion(adhesive removed), then pull the backing off from the side (as pictured). This made any minor adjustments MUCH easier. Once placed, these things are not going ANYWHERE!

There are a lot of great templates floating around, however, due to the curvature of the roof to the windshield, I found that sticking them where I planned (as suggested) was probably not going to give me the surface adhesion that I would have liked. They sit a little further back than factory, but looking from the ground there is no way to really notice. I believe the suggested spacing is 5.5 inches from the windshield, mine are right at 7'.

I am very pleased with the finished product. They are operated by two key fobs (pictured below) that control 3 different modes: high, low, and flashing. The HIGH is REALLY bright, I would consider the LOW close to a factory glow, and flashing, well ... lets just say you better want to get someone's attention.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Last edited by 08SlvrBullit; 03-21-2019 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-21-2019, 09:37 PM
edjunior
Posting Guru
edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think that looks awesome. Can you get some more nite pics from different angles? Those really look great. I've never had any inclination to have the cab lights, but the easy install of these, and a brand new truck, hmmm. Father's day will be coming soon. I may have to start dropping some subtle hints to my boys (and wife, since I am the father of her children...always a good thing!!)

Old 03-22-2019, 03:25 PM
08SlvrBullit
Freshman User
Originally Posted by edjunior View Post
I think that looks awesome. Can you get some more nite pics from different angles? Those really look great. I've never had any inclination to have the cab lights, but the easy install of these, and a brand new truck, hmmm. Father's day will be coming soon. I may have to start dropping some subtle hints to my boys (and wife, since I am the father of her children...always a good thing!!)
I will try tonight, you can't get really good pics at night with them lit. I am actually considering the clear lenses ... Let you guys know how that turns out

Old 03-22-2019, 10:07 PM
Qwazert
Senior User
Qwazert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 08SlvrBullit View Post
On a less significant note, I got my logo on the tailgate today. Black emblem on the way and a new cab light ...

I always get a chuckle when I see this....erasing the license plate for pics.
You DO realize that people can see it when you're driving?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.