1980 wipers; Linkage and park - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

1980 wipers; Linkage and park

Old 03-13-2019, 09:46 PM
Xwarrior86
Senior User
Xwarrior86 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Epiphany moment(?)these metal “bushings” are the only bushings that are supposed to be there? I can’t be the only one that has this setup....

Old 03-17-2019, 08:27 AM
Xwarrior86
Senior User
Well these plastic bushings don’t work. They’re all closed end and just won’t do. I put everything back together and motor works but still won’t park... oh well

Old 03-17-2019, 07:51 PM
Franklin2
Franklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Xwarrior86 View Post
Well these plastic bushings don’t work. They’re all closed end and just won’t do. I put everything back together and motor works but still won’t park... oh well
Did you check to make sure you have 12v at the wiper motor wiring at all times? Page 112 in this link Windshield Wiper & Washer - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) shows it to be the red wire to the motor.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:42 PM
Xwarrior86
Senior User
Originally Posted by Franklin2 View Post
Did you check to make sure you have 12v at the wiper motor wiring at all times? Page 112 in this link Windshield Wiper & Washer - Gary's Garagemahal (the Bullnose bible) shows it to be the red wire to the motor.
i have not, but I will do this tomorrow

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.