Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loose mirror on 05 Ex

Old 03-06-2019, 08:32 PM
SNIPER168308
Senior User
SNIPER168308 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Loose mirror on 05 Ex

My drivers side door mirror (non-tow mirror) blows back as I drive or meet other vehicles. Anyone experience this and is their a fix, other than replacement?

Thanks

Old 03-06-2019, 08:41 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
The whole mirror or just the glass part?

Old 03-06-2019, 08:55 PM
SNIPER168308
Senior User
SNIPER168308 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It’s the entire mirror, where it pivots, as if you were going to fold the mirror against the door.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:43 PM
unleashd
Posting Guru
unleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud ofunleashd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SNIPER168308 View Post
My drivers side door mirror (non-tow mirror) blows back as I drive or meet other vehicles. Anyone experience this and is their a fix, other than replacement?

Thanks
Never had to deal with adjusting the tension on these mirrors before. I just upgraded to the 07+ style aftermarket mirrors If you're looking to replace your mirrors, PM me. I have a set of both styles - the dog ears and the rounded off tow mirrors.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:09 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
There are springs inside the pivot joint. Yours have either come loose or broken.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.