Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Looking for suggestions: Ultimate factory ford truck that hasn't been done yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for suggestions: Ultimate factory ford truck that hasn't been done yet?

What’s your ultimate fantasy Ford truck that has not been created yet? We’ve just seen the cool new Harley-Davidson edition F-150, and the super-cool Super Duty-Mustang mashup. Now, we want you to think up the most awesome Ford truck for our auto illustrator to bring to life in all of its digital-art glory. What about something like a groovy retro Ford Raptor-van hybrid with bubble windows in the back and a lava lamp for the cabin lighting? Maybe a rockin’ F-150 wrapped in Van Halen’s famous striped guitar graphic? A Raptor-Bronco behemoth mega-truck? Tell us what you want to see, and we’ll get to work making the best ones come to life in an original, detailed illustration. Personally, I think they're leaving money on the table by not doing a new Lightening...

Old 03-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Am I then only one that thinks a Lightening would sell like hot cakes?

Old 03-09-2019, 01:25 AM
CathedralCub
Lead Driver
Received 749 Likes on 683 Posts
It might, but the Lightning was a fast truck when the others were somewhat slower. Nowadays you can get 375HP in most F150s and 450HP in a couple more and cool rims and paint and interiors on just about all of them . . . so the Lightning would probably just be a 2-door version of what folks can already get, and be about as fast etc. If Ford were looking for something to spice up sales and attract attention then it might help, but right now they're selling just about everything they build fairly easily.

I say do an ode to the LTD somehow. I'm not sure what that would look like, but I bet the Super Duty fastback shell guys weren't quite sure when they thought of it also.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:36 PM
Johnny Mayday
FTE Town Crier
Originally Posted by CathedralCub
It might, but the Lightning was a fast truck when the others were somewhat slower. Nowadays you can get 375HP in most F150s and 450HP in a couple more and cool rims and paint and interiors on just about all of them . . . so the Lightning would probably just be a 2-door version of what folks can already get, and be about as fast etc. If Ford were looking for something to spice up sales and attract attention then it might help, but right now they're selling just about everything they build fairly easily.

I say do an ode to the LTD somehow. I'm not sure what that would look like, but I bet the Super Duty fastback shell guys weren't quite sure when they thought of it also.
Yeah, I think for the Lightening to really standout, it would have to make crazy power and give sports cars a serious run for their money. The LTD is a wild suggestion, but just what we were looking for. Thanks!