Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was this a good deal or am I an idiot?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 03:36 PM
cooltapes
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this truck on eBay sight unseen. Ended up spending 6600 for it and 1200 to ship it to me. Spent 1000 for a new set of BFGs once it got here and have been going through the truck. Basically all the bushings on the suspension are shot and the interior needs some work. (New headliner and the driver seat is ripped) other than that, do you think this is going to be a money pit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Ford-F...app-cvip-panel

Old 02-17-2019, 03:44 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 373 Likes on 283 Posts
Looks like a really nice truck, good price too for the condition. The mileage is really only an issue for the auto trans if it hasn't been serviced properly.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:13 PM
My4Fordtrucks
Lead Driver
Received 1,358 Likes on 1,073 Posts
Originally Posted by Edgethis
Looks like a really nice truck, good price too for the condition. The mileage is really only an issue for the auto trans if it hasn't been serviced properly.
I have to agree. That is a sharp looking truck. I’d prefer a manual transmission but for that price I wouldn’t complain too much.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:55 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Amazingly clean.You couldn't restore an average conditioned one from a northern state,back to that condition,for anywhere near that money.That's about what a decent paint job will set ya back on a full size truck like that these days.It is a bit on the steeper end for miles but so what if it needs a full drivetrain replacement someday? Wont make no difference cus that truck is worth an engine,trans or rear end swap without even batting an eye so,miles don't mean too much on her anymore.

Originally Posted by Edgethis
The mileage is really only an issue for the auto trans if it hasn't been serviced properly.
Yeah but how do you know how many miles are on it? No way at over a quarter million,she's the original.The old C6's didn't last that long.If any did,I'm sure they'd be pretty darn sloppy lol.The engine probably is original though and that's what you'll hope was serviced properly.........but my gosh,even if inside 5 years he has to replace an engine or trans,oh well lol.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:18 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Personally OVERPRICED. 267,000 miles and rotten

Old 02-17-2019, 08:04 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Rotten? Brad,you haven't seen a 4wd that clean in your neighborhood inside the last two decades lol.Come on man..............and I'm not talking about some garage kept rare thing,you know an old timer owns out in his back barn or something.I mean an actually driven truck.They don't last for much more than 5 years in that kinda shape in the north.That's cleaner than my never driven on snow road, 2wd f-superduty and that's pretty clean (well solid,not clean paint lol.)

Old 02-17-2019, 08:07 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
im leaning towards idiot. but it yo money! money dont make the man, the man make the money!

Old 02-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Mickey Bitsko
More Turbo
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
It doesn't matter what keyboard appraisers say,
if that's what you want make it yours...
Imo, it's looks like a good place to start.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:44 PM
Glenn54
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It depends on what you're going to do with the truck, to some degree and what other things are wrong with it. If you're happy with the way it is except for the things you mentioned, then it was a decent deal. I paid $4,700 for my 95 F150 short bed. I have put a lot more money and work in it than you have and I am very happy with it. I'd like to put a lot more money in it but probably won't.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:31 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
Amazingly clean.You couldn't restore an average conditioned one from a northern state,back to that condition,for anywhere near that money.That's about what a decent paint job will set ya back on a full size truck like that these days.It is a bit on the steeper end for miles but so what if it needs a full drivetrain replacement someday? Wont make no difference cus that truck is worth an engine,trans or rear end swap without even batting an eye so,miles don't mean too much on her anymore.

Yeah but how do you know how many miles are on it? No way at over a quarter million,she's the original.The old C6's didn't last that long.If any did,I'm sure they'd be pretty darn sloppy lol.The engine probably is original though and that's what you'll hope was serviced properly.........but my gosh,even if inside 5 years he has to replace an engine or trans,oh well lol.
E4OD,in that rig, not a C-6

Old 02-18-2019, 07:46 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tjc transport
E4OD,in that rig, not a C-6
Yeah,I guess I didn't word that best way possible.I mean to point out that even the old mighty,well known tough as nails C6, wasn't expected to last over a quarter of a million miles so it's likely the miles on the current E4OD in there is unknown.
I see now,all I had to do was start my sentence with "Even". I thought it in my mind,can't you read minds!

Old 02-18-2019, 08:02 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
Rotten? Brad,you haven't seen a 4wd that clean in your neighborhood inside the last two decades lol.Come on man..............and I'm not talking about some garage kept rare thing,you know an old timer owns out in his back barn or something.I mean an actually driven truck.They don't last for much more than 5 years in that kinda shape in the north.That's cleaner than my never driven on snow road, 2wd f-superduty and that's pretty clean (well solid,not clean paint lol.)

We have trucks around here in the same condition as that truck with fender, wheel well and radiator support rot. No need to ship one across the country.

As for your f-superduty, too bad. My 95 F-superduty is completely rust free at 200k and it has not been garage kept, you just have to look and not settle.

If I am going to go thru the effort to ship a truck in, it better be dam well rust free.
Thats why I have gotten trucks from Colorado, oklahoma and texas.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
I dunno how that truck hasn't been scrapped out by now Brad.I mean just look at the thing.So dangerous,it's not even fit for the road.

That fender is just about ready to fall right off! This 4wd is only 23 years old! Someone sure didn't take very good care of her! This is outrageous.

Someone should really go after sellers like this.How dare they sell them something like that! Something must be done to put a stop to this madness!

Did I lay it on thick enough? lol. Ok someones been having some fun too it looks like.Doing some burnouts.The rear tire is bald.What else are seeing on the truck I'm not? The frame and the floor look real nice.Bed looks good.Sure looks solid to me.I guess trucks stay way better than they do here.I figured they would be comparable.These 9th gens are a thing of the past around here.10 years ago they were running around looking like Swiss cheese.Been as very,very long time since we've any like that around up here.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:47 AM
JakeHan
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks pretty good to me - suspension goodies on these are fairly cheap, and looks pretty decent. I just bought roughly the same pickup, a ‘96 dark Toreador Red SCLB 4x4 ‘Stroke/auto alleged 318,000 kliks (shade under 200,000 allegedly) ex-Canadian for $3K, with More rust in the same spots (supercab, front fender, Box lips, the normal spots) and a WAY rougher body - all out, I think yours was a better deal. Granted, this one is getting a flatbed and some backyard rust repair with some Bedliner topcoat, and is destined to become a farm pickup, so clean enough for me.....

Old 02-18-2019, 10:08 AM
HardScrabble
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cooltapes
First you must realize that there are two propositions in your question and they are not mutually exclusive. Even an idiot can make a good deal sometimes. You're welcome.

Did you get the engine cover, jack, jack handle, lug wrench and owner's manuals?

Keep your documentation and ask about replacement value insurance. Their insurance will try to total it for $800 if someone hits it.

Quick Reply: Was this a good deal or am I an idiot?