Petitioning for Reproduction OEM Third Brake Light - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Petitioning for Reproduction OEM Third Brake Light

Old 02-12-2019, 02:47 AM
TexasGuy001
Post Fiend
TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Lightbulb Petitioning for Reproduction OEM Third Brake Light

I've been over this a few times on this forum over the years and I'm really surprised more people aren't looking for replacement third brake light assemblies, since they always melt or get sun burned. All that is available seems to be cheesy aftermarket dress up style assemblies. I tried one and wasn't overly impressed after having it for a while. Anyway, I recently submitted the idea of a reproduction replacement third brake light for 94-96 F150 and 97 F250 F350 to Dorman. Maybe if more people submit the same idea, they will see that there is indeed a market for it, since new ones are discontinued from Ford and most salvage units are in sad shape. I believe the part numbers are F2TZ13A613A and/or F4TZ13A613A since I have seen both part numbers listed for it. So, If you are also looking for a stock replacement for your truck's third brake light send them a part idea request. Hoping to get someone to make them for us.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/pages/forms/ideas.aspx

Old 02-12-2019, 04:16 AM
Azryael
Elder User
Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'll submit one too. I could really use a new one and it seems the aftermarket choices are even worse than the aftermarket unit on mine.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:36 PM
EQCMCAT
Senior User
EQCMCAT is starting off with a positive reputation.
TexasGuy001,
Great thought and thank you. I will also correspond W/DORMAN. I need two of the third brake lights. Everyone I checked in my local junk yards are in worse condition than mine own. LED Third Brake light has created erratic transmission shifting, will not shift into OD and will not let cruise control to function.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:19 PM
TexasGuy001
Post Fiend
TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by EQCMCAT View Post
TexasGuy001,
Great thought and thank you. I will also correspond W/DORMAN. I need two of the third brake lights. Everyone I checked in my local junk yards are in worse condition than mine own. LED Third Brake light has created erratic transmission shifting, will not shift into OD and will not let cruise control to function.
The LED ones sometimes require using a resistor to make the transmission happy. It is difficult to find a decent third brake light.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:21 PM
TexasGuy001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Azryael View Post
I'll submit one too. I could really use a new one and it seems the aftermarket choices are even worse than the aftermarket unit on mine.
The choices definitely aren't very good. I wish one of those companies would have made a reproduction instead of goofy knockoffs with cheesy LEDs. I've only seen one that had decent LEDs, but wasn't happy with it either.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:05 PM
882tank
Senior User
882tank is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll submit one as well. The two biggest frustrations I've always had with replacement parts for these trucks is the third brake light, and the correct swing away mirrors.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:43 PM
TexasGuy001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 882tank View Post
I'll submit one as well. The two biggest frustrations I've always had with replacement parts for these trucks is the third brake light, and the correct swing away mirrors.
That's great. Hope they listen to us. If not I will try another manufacturer. I agree. For some reason no one can really get reproduction mirrors of any of the styles completely right. And those aftermarket LED third brake lights are all not appealing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.