Notices
1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Anyone install a Nostalgic Air system in thier truck?

Old 02-12-2019, 02:27 AM
hail destroyer
Elder User
hail destroyer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hail destroyer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Anyone install a Nostalgic Air system in thier truck?

My work truck (78 supercab 4x4 w/ 400) needs real heat and defrost. I'm removing the broken factory A/C and rotten heater core, and putting a non-AC firewall panel over the gaping factory AC hole..... and am looking at installing a nostalgic air kit.

Any pics, tips, advice would be appreciated. THANKS!

Old 02-12-2019, 01:12 PM
dogdays
Senior User
dogdays is starting off with a positive reputation.
Before you buy..........

DO check out Vintage Air. They started this corner of the aftermarket and have some really decent stuff. The owner of the company is a true hot rodder, deserves our support.
Looks like Nostalgic has a dedicated kit, though. It's really important the defroster can use the A/C system to dehumidify the air, like factory A/C systems do.

R.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:33 PM
TXTrailerdaddy
Senior User
TXTrailerdaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Vintage Air doesn't make an AC for our trucks. They make one for the Bump sides though.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:00 PM
9thPony
Elder User
9thPony is starting off with a positive reputation.
I installed the Nostalgic Air system with heat and defrost in my truck. Was an AC cab as well but I made a block off plate and installed the NAP unit.

It is working well, but the defroster is a little weak because it blows out all the vents. I recently started closing the dash vents when using the defroster and it works much better.

Everything fit nicely and I have no complaints. It makes for a much cleaner engine bay compared to OEM.

You can turn on AC with defrost to help with humidity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.