Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Appearance & Dress-Up
Reload this Page >

Getting Wax off of Trim.

Notices

Getting Wax off of Trim.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:45 AM
Aftrmidnite
Posting Guru
Aftrmidnite is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Getting Wax off of Trim.

I actually discovered this by accident. I got Wax on the trim, and I picked up my bottle of 99% Isopropyl that I use for instrument cleaning. Took the wax right off, even got six month old wax off. 70% works if it's done right away with a lot of scrubbing, but does nothing for old wax marks. I guess because it's stronger. BTW I wouldn't use it on the paint. I got the 99% Isopropyl from an independent drug store.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:04 PM
Beechkid
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
FYI- IP is good but it's a little tough on the trim pieces as it can dry it out a bit, whereas mineral spirits does the same thing but conditions the trim as well.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:49 PM
Aftrmidnite
Posting Guru
Aftrmidnite is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've been using Wipe New by Rustoleum on the Trim. No greasy. oily residue and last more than a year. Plus I get protection from future sun damage, as I've started using on on my new vehicles. Also I use it on the Chrome, you just can't get it on the paint. It's easy to control where it goes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.