Stuck in tow haul mode (kinda) - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Stuck in tow haul mode (kinda)

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck in tow haul mode (kinda)

Old 02-17-2019, 06:50 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
Take it back, and ONLY let them do the test drive with you in the truck. Keep at it

Old 02-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Turbo_fox
New User
Turbo_fox is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just dropped it off at the dealer took the tech for a ride and he saw the whole deal and agreed it was a problem. So I guess weíll see what happens from here

Old 02-19-2019, 09:10 AM
the_old_ranger
Senior User
the_old_ranger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rots of Ruck!

Old 02-19-2019, 10:30 AM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Turbo_fox View Post
Just dropped it off at the dealer took the tech for a ride and he saw the whole deal and agreed it was a problem. So I guess weíll see what happens from here
Congrats! That's half the battle sometimes, getting them to admit there is a real problem. Hope they get it fixed for ya.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:19 PM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
It may be as simple as a wire or sensor on the transmission. Good luck with the repair.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Turbo_fox
New User
Well the dealer just called me and said they reset the computer again which they did last time and they said they compared it to another truck and there is nothing wrong with it. I wonít be able to get the truck today but I donít know what to do now. Iím sure itís still gunna do the same thing. At this point itís making me feel like Iím crazy. But I have never felt agrivated to drive my truck and I do now because I canít hold a constant speed unless my foot is in the peddle.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:04 PM
fordboy424
New User
fordboy424 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 2016 is completely opposite of what you are saying. The converter never locks even in 6th gear stays unlocked. Verified by watching the computer while driving .Truck never commands lockup. Tow haul with the exhaust brake on the converter stays unlocked and doesn't slow the truck down. Tech rode with me and all he could say was "um that's weird". Dealer had the truck for a week and all they did was reset tcm. First 45,000 miles I averaged 16 to 18 mpg now it's single digits. Revs like a worn out snowmobile. Dealer says everything is normal.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:39 PM
Turbo_fox
New User
Yeah this sucks I donít know what Iím gunna do. My mileage is bad too not single digits but I had what you where saying too 16-18. I donít see how they can get away with this. Iím thinking of taking it to a shop and seeing what they can do and then give the bill to my dealer

Old 02-20-2019, 06:41 PM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm gonna guess broken snap ring on the overrun clutch?

Old 02-20-2019, 06:50 PM
Turbo_fox
New User
Yeah I have no idea thatís why it went to ford twice in 2 weeks. Just because itís something that doesnít jump out because there are no check engine lights or no codes coming up there canít be a problem right. Thatís the mentality these guys have. If they have to do more then plug in a scanner then obviously there is no problem

Old 02-20-2019, 07:09 PM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
I don't know if ford techs rebuild transmissions, most likely not. Maybe stop by a reputable transmission shop and have them take it for a test drive?

Old 02-21-2019, 07:18 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
Try a different dealer. I can't believe, that even though the tech AGREED there was something not right on your test drive with him...Ö.they AGAIN did nothing to fix it. Different dealer, or a private shop.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:15 AM
SanDiego56
Junior User
SanDiego56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any updates?

Old 02-26-2019, 09:21 AM
Turbo_fox
New User
Yeah got the truck back and it seems better. They said they reset the computer again but this time it does feel like a difference. I also had them turn on the screen so I can see the status of my dpf and the ability to do manual regens. When I got the truck back from the dealer it was at 90% and within a day it got to 100 and had to do a regen. After the regen it felt even better. Iím thinking also the truck kept getting stuck in a regen and not able to fully clean itís self because I wasnít driving it long enough or something. Like a regen would start but I had no idea and it would only partly clean itís self then a day or 2 later it would try doing it again. Now that I can see the persentage it started a regen the other day and I drove it untill 0% and that seemed like it helped as well

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: