Safty Chains on New F250 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Safty Chains on New F250

Old 02-07-2019, 11:39 AM
Krygo
New User
Krygo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Safty Chains on New F250

We just bought a new to us 2018 F 250 6.2 Gasser, I just love the truck and can't wait to hook on to the camper and see how it tow's. What are you guys doing with your safty chains?? I'm not sure how easy if at all the safty chains will hook on the hitch. I did order a 2 1/2" shank with an 11" drop so I should be good to get get the Equilizer hitch all set back up.

Thank you Guys!!

Old 02-07-2019, 04:50 PM
kmc06
Freshman User
kmc06 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I ordered blue ox carabiner; probably spelled it wrong, 10k hooks and just leave them in the inlets. I found them at etrailer. I also order the 2 1/2 shank for my equalizer, a good tight fit with no slop. It will tow great.

Old 02-07-2019, 04:51 PM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Recommend checking out this thread on the MY2017+ Super Duty forum:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...you-using.html

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

Old 02-11-2019, 01:15 PM
FastTaurusSHO
Junior User
FastTaurusSHO is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Krygo View Post
We just bought a new to us 2018 F 250 6.2 Gasser, I just love the truck and can't wait to hook on to the camper and see how it tow's. What are you guys doing with your safty chains?? I'm not sure how easy if at all the safty chains will hook on the hitch. I did order a 2 1/2" shank with an 11" drop so I should be good to get get the Equilizer hitch all set back up.

Thank you Guys!!
Both my trailers' hooks fit in without issue, but I do need to trim down the locking tab so they can close completely.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Krygo
New User
Krygo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you,
I did pull a hook yesterday and yes it does fit, it is a little tight and yes the locking tab is hard to get closed. Good idea on trimming the colcking tab.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:40 AM
dnewton3
Elder User
dnewton3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dnewton3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I use a twisted clevis like this:
https://www.ruralking.com/country-wa...0%7C%20%248.99

easy on/off and the twist orients the pin for quick hook-up.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:23 AM
Turbo Dog
Postmaster
Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.Turbo Dog has a very good reputation on FTE.
I stopped by a local trailer shop and just tried different size hooks until I found some to fit...then put them on the chains of my trailer.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:01 AM
River Wild
Elder User
River Wild is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.River Wild is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by FastTaurusSHO View Post
Both my trailers' hooks fit in without issue, but I do need to trim down the locking tab so they can close completely.
I ended up upgrading hooks on my trailers but had to trim the tabs as well. The right size hooks and they fit fine. Much better solution than the clevis or shackles some are using.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:29 AM
HST
Senior User
HST is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lots of folks add hammerlock coupling links to each side and hook the chain to those.

https://www.riggingwarehouse.com/[email protected]@2e14.aspx

Old 02-18-2019, 11:19 AM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by River Wild View Post
I ended up upgrading hooks on my trailers but had to trim the tabs as well. The right size hooks and they fit fine. Much better solution than the clevis or shackles some are using.
5/8" shackles are what I use...cheaper than replacing 4-6 hooks too. That way I'm good to tow any trailer...even those that aren't mine. I can also run my trailer winch to them as an anchor while using a snatchblock.
That is a better solution for me

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: