Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Help with unique problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 12:45 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Help with unique problem

Hey Folks. You can tell by my numbers I am no stranger to FTE. I usually hang in the Bumpside board. I am one of the tech guys there. I have a unique problem that research won't supply I believe. This will take a matter of opinion from you guys who know.
I have a 2003 Harley F150 that I bought in 2006. PO had already installed a Diablo programmer, TB, C&L air cleaner duct, Cold Air, and 12# power pulleys. But no exhaust upgrades. Which I have not done either. So it still has stock exhaust. Now don't take my Gearhead card away from me. I am fully aware that what goes in, must come out. But I rarely go above the RPM range that the stock system can support. I do need a fix of the SC whine every once in a while. But usually the only time I go high RPMs is when I kick some oriental AZZ in one of their fart pipe, turboed,NOS'd, tuner cars..
So my problem is I need to have the Diablo program taken out just long enough to go through Maricopa County, AZ. emissions tests. Then a new program put back in. I have no way of saving the old Diablo program and then re-installing it.
So I need your advice on which brand and model of programmer should I buy to re-install. Some thing that won't require a new exhaust system and I believe stock injectors. One that every 2 years I can take back out, save, then re-install after emissions testing.
What say ya fellas?

Old 02-16-2019, 08:51 AM
Boss9F100
Logistics Pro
Received 266 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
Hey Folks. You can tell by my numbers I am no stranger to FTE. I usually hang in the Bumpside board. I am one of the tech guys there. I have a unique problem that research won't supply I believe. This will take a matter of opinion from you guys who know.
I have a 2003 Harley F150 that I bought in 2006. PO had already installed a Diablo programmer, TB, C&L air cleaner duct, Cold Air, and 12# power pulleys. But no exhaust upgrades. Which I have not done either. So it still has stock exhaust. Now don't take my Gearhead card away from me. I am fully aware that what goes in, must come out. But I rarely go above the RPM range that the stock system can support. I do need a fix of the SC whine every once in a while. But usually the only time I go high RPMs is when I kick some oriental AZZ in one of their fart pipe, turboed,NOS'd, tuner cars..
So my problem is I need to have the Diablo program taken out just long enough to go through Maricopa County, AZ. emissions tests. Then a new program put back in. I have no way of saving the old Diablo program and then re-installing it.
So I need your advice on which brand and model of programmer should I buy to re-install. Some thing that won't require a new exhaust system and I believe stock injectors. One that every 2 years I can take back out, save, then re-install after emissions testing.
What say ya fellas?
Long time no talk to!

Do you have the Diablo Tuner that was used to install the tune? If not we should be able to reflash your PCM back to "As Built" using Ford ADS.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:17 PM
CathedralCub
Lead Driver
Received 752 Likes on 686 Posts
What say ya fellas?
Why not get another PCM from a junkyard, have a dealer program it to factory, then swap that in every two years?

Old 02-17-2019, 11:08 AM
Boss9F100
Logistics Pro
Received 266 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by CathedralCub
Why not get another PCM from a junkyard, have a dealer program it to factory, then swap that in every two years?
i can reprogram his PCM no need for a junkyard one.
I can download the exact programming his truck had when it was built.

Appears he does not have the Diablo tuner.

(I have known Jeff for 30+ yrs) just been a while since we talked.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:37 PM
CathedralCub
Lead Driver
Cool, so problem solved, right JEFFFAFA?

Old 02-21-2019, 07:55 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Will be soon. No, PO gave me the Diablo box with other factory stock parts. But no programmer in it. I will have one of my Buddys at Autonation Ford take it back to stock. Brand new Superchips programmer already received. Now I will be able to take it out and put it back in every 2 years.
FYI Boss 9. Last January I had gone back to Autonation Ford. Retired out of the parts business in October from there. Out of all the years you knew me from there, I got my wish. I retired out of the Dealer I wanted to.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:59 PM
CathedralCub
Lead Driver
Will be soon. No, PO gave me the Diablo box with other factory stock parts. But no programmer in it. I will have one of my Buddys at Autonation Ford take it back to stock. Brand new Superchips programmer already received. Now I will be able to take it out and put it back in every 2 years.
FYI Boss 9. Last January I had gone back to Autonation Ford. Retired out of the parts business in October from there. Out of all the years you knew me from there, I got my wish. I retired out of the Dealer I wanted to.
That's cool. Good to have connections.