6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Forced Regen with Forscan ver.2.3.19

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 10:41 PM
the_old_ranger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forced Regen with Forscan ver.2.3.19

Can anyone help me out here I cannot pay Ford do a forced regen, or just won't!. Kind of a stubborn pride thing I guess you know I think it comes from a genetic predisposition from my pa.
I have a 2012 6.7 F-250 and I am getting way to many regens and need to burn the cotton picker out good. My Forscan version is 2.3.19 don't know why I got stuck with that version but do I need a different software program ? This version does not have that capability. In fact the 2.3.19 is very limited from what I can tell although just getting familiar with it.
I appreciate any input.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:29 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Do you have the license? You have to join the forms so you can get a license to do changes. Maybe the same for regens?

You can go to FORScan and download previous versions. I would think the latest version has all the functionality that earlier versions have with the new changes and updates included.

https://forscan.org/download.html

Old 02-05-2019, 06:31 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's been awhile sin e I read that thread, but I remember seeing that only up through the XLT trim levels had the ability to do a forced regen, not Lariat, Platinum, or King Ranch. I could be wrong, but it is like that on certain years.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:12 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
The newer versions of FORScan allows you to do a manual/forced/stationary regen. Most tuners/monitors allow one to to a manual.forced/stationary regen also. I can use my Edge CTS2 and previously owned CTS to do a regen.

The XL and XLT where the only models that you could order the OCR function from Ford. It was a $250 option.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:56 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 902 Likes on 327 Posts
Originally Posted by the_old_ranger
Can anyone help me out here I cannot pay Ford do a forced regen, or just won't!. Kind of a stubborn pride thing I guess you know I think it comes from a genetic predisposition from my pa.
I have a 2012 6.7 F-250 and I am getting way to many regens and need to burn the cotton picker out good. My Forscan version is 2.3.19 don't know why I got stuck with that version but do I need a different software program ? This version does not have that capability. In fact the 2.3.19 is very limited from what I can tell although just getting familiar with it.
I appreciate any input.
I'm curious about why so many regens? What are your driving habits? A lot of short trips? Are you sure the regen's are completing? In my 2011, i had a marginal EGT12 sensor that didnt set a CEL but wouldnt allow a regen to complete. Almost every time I got in my truck another one would fire off, and always got the crappy mileage. Finally a CEL was set, and I was able to switch the sensor out, and the problem went away.

A good, uninterrupted burn at a constant highway speed is the best, and in my opinion better than a stationary regen by far.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:15 AM
cjssr
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I have it enabled on my 2012 F-250 KR so I know it is doable. The extended license is good for about 3 months and then you have to generate a new one. Go to Forscan.org and type in license key in search to locate page fast!

Old 02-05-2019, 09:48 AM
the_old_ranger
Senior User
Thanks everybody, I do have a forscan license I it is good till March I think. This is 2.3.19 beta version for Windows it is not the Lite version. Guess I'll try some different versions? just did not see an option for anything pertaining to DPF on this ver. 3.2.19. There just is no DPF module listed anywhere in the software. The truck is wanting to do a regen itself every 250 miles sometimes and since I am on country roads mostly I can't always get it done good maybe I dunno. It just keeps wanting to regen makes me think it is plugged.
I guess also the reason would be the dadgum things cost 1,500 bucks and I could never buy one. the truck would just have to sit or take it off and ream it out. That is what I really want to do . I want to delete but keep it looking legal. The growth of government concerns me. Soon as the dems steal control back we are looking at some big changes. The truck will be going to Tx for commercial work and it is only a matter of time till they do a visual and probably complete emissions test on diesels down there. And this truck is a Lariat btw.
Thanks for all the help!
Larry

Last edited by the_old_ranger; 02-05-2019 at 09:51 AM. Reason: correction
Old 02-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Larry, do you have the DPF % full screen enabled in your information center? Guessing not if you aren't noticing what % full the DPF is after the regen. When you get Forescan and start messing with the manual regen you may want to make that screen visible. When / if you notice the regen message flash by you can switch to that screen and watch till it gets to 0 and can keep driving if you're close to your destination and the regen hasn't finished

Old 02-05-2019, 03:04 PM
the_old_ranger
Senior User
The funniest thing happened when I went to reconnect I clicked on reconnect and a dialog box popped up wanting to regen. It was 66% full and it timed out before it got done yet it showed empty when it quit so anyhow feel a lot better about it now. I'm sure it was never done since the truck was new.. Anyhow don't know why maybe the software did an update? No that don't make sense but it had to have the capability in forscan I just missed it somewhere.
Thanks for all the help and I will try to quit asking stupid questions. It be a lot more fun to talk about the new 7.3 Godzilla!

Old 02-05-2019, 03:06 PM
the_old_ranger
Senior User
Originally Posted by Chuck-B
Larry, do you have the DPF % full screen enabled in your information center? Guessing not if you aren't noticing what % full the DPF is after the regen. When you get Forescan and start messing with the manual regen you may want to make that screen visible. When / if you notice the regen message flash by you can switch to that screen and watch till it gets to 0 and can keep driving if you're close to your destination and the regen hasn't finished
Oh, see what you was saying no my truck doesn't do that either it is a 2012 Lariat.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:01 PM
ZooDad
Received 590 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by the_old_ranger
The funniest thing happened when I went to reconnect I clicked on reconnect and a dialog box popped up wanting to regen. It was 66% full and it timed out before it got done yet it showed empty when it quit so anyhow feel a lot better about it now. I'm sure it was never done since the truck was new.. Anyhow don't know why maybe the software did an update? No that don't make sense but it had to have the capability in forscan I just missed it somewhere.
Thanks for all the help and I will try to quit asking stupid questions. It be a lot more fun to talk about the new 7.3 Godzilla!
I have experienced ForScan just to stop unexpectedly.
I have run 2 back to back Static Regens to make sure I got a good clean. (I know its over the top) but I have a ton of stop and go driving for like a month.

Keith

Old 02-10-2019, 01:17 PM
the_old_ranger
Senior User
Originally Posted by ZooDad
I have experienced ForScan just to stop unexpectedly.
I have run 2 back to back Static Regens to make sure I got a good clean. (I know its over the top) but I have a ton of stop and go driving for like a month.

Keith
It was showing 0% full so I am glad it shut down. I don't know which is harder on a truck the thing sat there screaming in park for twenty minutes and used over a 1/8 th tank of fuel. Anyway glad to have it clean. I have a lot of short trip like right now I have to drive a mile to my mail box cause the USPS is sorry and cut the rural route off a mile from my house. Postmaster won't move it I have fed government you need help they are never there yet they are always crawling up our a dubble with a magnifying glass scoping us out. We are their enemy anymore the US citizens.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:07 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
The amount of fuel used in a static/manual/stationary regen is approx the same as a regen when the truck in moving.

Did you go turn on the Exhaust Filter screen with FORScan?....or maybe increase the number of flashes on lane change from say 3 to 5 or 6?

Old 02-10-2019, 02:28 PM
the_old_ranger
Senior User
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
The amount of fuel used in a static/manual/stationary regen is approx the same as a regen when the truck in moving.

Did you go turn on the Exhaust Filter screen with FORScan?....or maybe increase the number of flashes on lane change from say 3 to 5 or 6?

No I didn't turn it on however while in the clean mode it was showing the percentage and it showed zero.
BUT! I just drove the thing down to the mailbox and I be darned it started cleaning again by itself! Dadgummit!
Anyhow I will look into how to turn it on this afternoon if I get to it.
I know it takes a lot of fuel or wastes it. I was going to just leave this truck mostly stock but after this experience I think the DPF needs a good 'ol fashioned ream job. I want it to at least to look stock especially if it goes to Texas. Hope they are easy to remove haven't even looked at that yet.
Thanks!