2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

how much under sticker or invoice have you paid for an ordered truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 05:19 PM
SixtyPilot
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam R
Minus $500 Military...

Plus, they said they would apply the $3,000 PCO I recently received
Report back if you get both the PCO and the military. I was told only one or the other.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:20 PM
JHForman812
Fleet Mechanic
Received 626 Likes on 373 Posts
Ive been talking to a few dealers, I will be purchasing soon. I was going to wait for the 2020 but I don't want to be fords guinea pig for the 10 speed(there will be growing pains and we all know it). So far none of them are saying what final price will be they tell me that their discounts change once they have the VIN number. Planet ford seems to be the only ones actually talking to me. holiday ford stopped replying to my emails, unfortunately they seem to have really good prices on 250s that are on their lots but don't seem to be interested in talking to me about the 350 I want to purchase. so far this has been my experience. I can fly anywhere so I am looking for the best dealership. Holiday seems to show 10k off msrp on their trucks listed on their site.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:35 PM
llmflyfisher
Senior User
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Ordered my F250 Lariat Ultimate with 6.2 and 4.30 axles for 60k even. A little over 5k under sticker. I think I could have maybe done a little better, but it is what it is.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:35 AM
Adam R
More Turbo
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by visceral
Glad to hear it.

Damerow is also big enough that their orders seem to make it through the system (including freight) a bit quicker than any others.
That's good to hear. Unfortunately, I won't be returning to the States until the end of June. Ammie won't drop the order until mid-March, but that still gives the truck plenty of time to be built and shipped before I arrive. Once it hits the ground, and if you are willing and close by, I might ask you to take a few pictures of it sitting in their back lot.

Thanks,

Adam

Old 02-19-2019, 01:54 AM
Adam R
More Turbo
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by JHForman812
Ive been talking to a few dealers, I will be purchasing soon. I was going to wait for the 2020 but I don't want to be fords guinea pig for the 10 speed(there will be growing pains and we all know it). So far none of them are saying what final price will be they tell me that their discounts change once they have the VIN number. Planet ford seems to be the only ones actually talking to me. holiday ford stopped replying to my emails, unfortunately they seem to have really good prices on 250s that are on their lots but don't seem to be interested in talking to me about the 350 I want to purchase. so far this has been my experience. I can fly anywhere so I am looking for the best dealership. Holiday seems to show 10k off msrp on their trucks listed on their site.
I went through similar pain in my shopping experience. I'm an Acquisitions Officer for the Air Force and have spent plenty of time negotiating multi-million dollar projects for 20+ years so how hard could it be to arrive at a fair price for a common commodity. As I discovered, it was pretty annoying.

I contacted Holiday, Whitesboro, Vernon, Kendal Idaho, Kendal Eugene, Corwin Ford in Meridian, Idaho, and a number of smaller dealerships between Portland and Seattle. The best "first offer" before Damerow was Kendal Eugene. The Kendal Eugene Fleet Manager offered me $1000 behind invoice and the retail side offered me $680 behind invoice using the Costco program. While the Texas dealerships advertise great prices on-line for trucks that are on their lot, they don't do the same for ordered trucks....and....I was getting the "we'll give you the final price once the truck arrives." I'm sorry, I don't play those reindeer games when I'm sitting across the table from Lockheed, Northrop or Honeywell and I'm not playing them with my personal finances. Damerow (Ammie in this case) was upfront, fair and honest. Plus their dealer discount was twice what any other dealership was able to offer. Within a day I had a contract in front of me with everything spelled out. I like contracts and I made it clear that I don't like last minute surprises. Now the "Dealer Discount" from Damerow only amounts to a "savings" of $500 to $1,600 over the other dealer's offers since the available Ford rebates and incentives are pretty much available at any and all dealerships. If it is worth your time to fly to Portland and pick up a truck, be sure to tell Ammie that Adam (from Belgium) and Chris N. recommended her.

Thanks,

Adam

Old 02-19-2019, 05:13 AM
JHForman812
Fleet Mechanic
Received 626 Likes on 373 Posts
I went through similar pain in my shopping experience. I'm an Acquisitions Officer for the Air Force and have spent plenty of time negotiating multi-million dollar projects for 20+ years so how hard could it be to arrive at a fair price for a common commodity. As I discovered, it was pretty annoying.

I contacted Holiday, Whitesboro, Vernon, Kendal Idaho, Kendal Eugene, Corwin Ford in Meridian, Idaho, and a number of smaller dealerships between Portland and Seattle. The best "first offer" before Damerow was Kendal Eugene. The Kendal Eugene Fleet Manager offered me $1000 behind invoice and the retail side offered me $680 behind invoice using the Costco program. While the Texas dealerships advertise great prices on-line for trucks that are on their lot, they don't do the same for ordered trucks....and....I was getting the "we'll give you the final price once the truck arrives." I'm sorry, I don't play those reindeer games when I'm sitting across the table from Lockheed, Northrop or Honeywell and I'm not playing them with my personal finances. Damerow (Ammie in this case) was upfront, fair and honest. Plus their dealer discount was twice what any other dealership was able to offer. Within a day I had a contract in front of me with everything spelled out. I like contracts and I made it clear that I don't like last minute surprises. Now the "Dealer Discount" from Damerow only amounts to a "savings" of $500 to $1,600 over the other dealer's offers since the available Ford rebates and incentives are pretty much available at any and all dealerships. If it is worth your time to fly to Portland and pick up a truck, be sure to tell Ammie that Adam (from Belgium) and Chris N. recommended her.

Thanks,

Adam

Portland Oregon? Damn that’s a long drive back to Indiana lol you’re right the Texas dealers have great prices on trucks on their lot, so far none seem to want to sell me the truck I want. Planet ford seems so far to be the only ones wanting to talk to me

Old 02-19-2019, 10:08 AM
ATC_F350
Laughing Gas
Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by JHForman812
If you weren’t talking to Ty at Holiday Ford, call him. I originally was emailing with a salesman and his emails quit making it. I got a little annoyed and called Ty, the sales manager. That’s when we found out, I wasn’t getting emails from Jess. We were done in 10 minutes. My truck is 10% off msrp.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:30 PM
67L48
Posting Guru
Received 174 Likes on 100 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I have never (and I mean NEVER) had a dealership not come back with basic questions that I didn't already include in my inquiry. It's an immediate red-flag that someone can't be bothered to read 6 sentences of info before they contact me. Scares me. I'm ready to spend $70K on a fairly complex, detail-oriented transaction and the guy I'm partnering with can't be bothered to read an email. Seems like a massive probability that something will either not get done or not get done right. Yet, if I used that as a disqualifying warning sign, I couldn't ever do business with anyone.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:03 PM
ATC_F350
Laughing Gas
Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by 67L48
I don't know about you guys, but I have never (and I mean NEVER) had a dealership not come back with basic questions that I didn't already include in my inquiry. It's an immediate red-flag that someone can't be bothered to read 6 sentences of info before they contact me. Scares me. I'm ready to spend $70K on a fairly complex, detail-oriented transaction and the guy I'm partnering with can't be bothered to read an email. Seems like a massive probability that something will either not get done or not get done right. Yet, if I used that as a disqualifying warning sign, I couldn't ever do business with anyone.
Amen! I made the mistake of trying to use TrueCar. It's just an agent for their dealers. I wanted a specific truck and I was going to order it, as I was in no hurry. I got "we don't have that truck, but we have a great deal on a F150!" and "its not a Lariat SRW CCSB, but we have a great Limited DRW CCLB!". I had an issue or two with my top dealers, but other than the email thing, it went fairly smooth.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:19 PM
llmflyfisher
Senior User
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Another thing: It is amazing just how incredibly un-knowledgeable overall dealers salespeople are on the vehicles they are attempting to sell. It is seriously disgusting. I know way more about the Ford F-series of trucks than any sales person I have ever had the displeasure of talking with.
Said it once and will say it again. Buying a new vehicle SUCKS. I would put it right up there with getting a tooth pulled. Or paying the IRS another $35k after having made quarterly tax payments over $45k.

Getting my new F250 ordered followed suit perfectly. I hate the entire industry. You just know the instant you walk in to a stealership they are there to do one thing: try their best to destroy you financially and oh BTW they could give a rat's a$$ as to whether or not they are actually any help at all in finding the vehicle you want. Not one time have I ever had a satisfactory engagement with a stealership trying to buy a new or used vehicle. And I have bought several.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:14 PM
khensley
Senior User
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
I have bought a lot of new vehicles, and I always know more info about the rig than the salesman

Old 02-26-2019, 09:58 AM
67L48
Posting Guru
Received 174 Likes on 100 Posts
Denver, CO area. Ordered an F-350 (not off the lot)
MSRP: $75,430
X-Plan: $71,130
OTD: $66,250

Difference: $9,180
%Diff: 12.2%

X-Plan and OTD prices are inclusive of any and all dealer fees, doc fees, etc., but do not include governement fees (taxes, title, tags, registration, etc.). The MSRP does not include any dealer-added fees and is only the Ford "sticker" price.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:40 AM
visceral
Junior User
That's good to hear. Unfortunately, I won't be returning to the States until the end of June. Ammie won't drop the order until mid-March, but that still gives the truck plenty of time to be built and shipped before I arrive. Once it hits the ground, and if you are willing and close by, I might ask you to take a few pictures of it sitting in their back lot.

Thanks,

Adam
No problem, Adam. I'm glad Ammie was as good for you as she was for me.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:41 AM
orion1968
Senior User
Anyone had any luck in the Cincinnati area when ordering? So far Kings has been horrible, I bought my 250 from Lebanon ford but they just changed ownership. I don't mind driving if the dealer is easy to deal with especially with a trade.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:31 PM
open sky
Tuned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 67L48
Denver, CO area. Ordered an F-350 (not off the lot)
MSRP: $75,430
X-Plan: $71,130
OTD: $66,250

Difference: $9,180
%Diff: 12.2%

X-Plan and OTD prices are inclusive of any and all dealer fees, doc fees, etc., but do not include governement fees (taxes, title, tags, registration, etc.). The MSRP does not include any dealer-added fees and is only the Ford "sticker" price.
Did that include current $2.5K PCO? Any other non-standard rebates like military or college? Do you mind sharing the dealership name and maybe salesperson you worked with? I am in Denver metro as well and looking to order same truck as yours. Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks, really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: how much under sticker or invoice have you paid for an ordered truck