6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Recommended EGR plates and DPF delete kits

Old 02-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Bohen
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by U9000
Shibby Engineering has a kit with all of the plugs. It seems to be a complete kit. I've only found them on a bookface page and not a true web page.
If you're able to find parts for our trucks let me know all I see from them are for Dodge's

Old 02-05-2019, 07:09 AM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Bohen
If you're able to find parts for our trucks let me know all I see from them are for Dodge's
I found these on their facebook page. I sent an email yesterday, waiting to hear back from them regarding cost.

11'-14'

15'-16'

17+

Old 02-05-2019, 09:12 AM
U9000
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, their page seems to be heavily leaned towards Dodges, but they do have Ford stuff. Easy to email them. I've mentioned to them they should do a real web page. Hopefully they will in the near future.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:42 AM
mxer0022
Cargo Master

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
I'm also looking to delete my truck in the next 10K miles when my warranty is up. My question is with the egr block off plates and the cooler. Would there be any long term damage done by not removing the cooler? I would like to leave it intact for when I trade it in so it's an easier swap to put everything back in but if there is a possibility of any problems down the road by leaving it it in will just remove it as well.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:36 AM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mxer0022
Would there be any long term damage done by not removing the cooler?
No risk of damage at all. Mine is left in place for the foreseeable future.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:00 AM
cangim
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I purchased connector kit from shibby for a 2016. Seems to be good, though I have not crawled under to replace all gloves yet, but sure wish I had the kit on hand at time of delete.

For the FTE resonator mentioned, this is what really took me back to being stock sounding at idle or just above. For me, I would list it as a must. But this is half the fun experiment with different setups to suit your own personality.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:50 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
I got the block of kit's from Shppliey. Great kit. $95 shipped. Also the long term damage from not removing EGR is the possibility of the coolers inside leaking at some point.. You would notice your antifreeze level dropping and water in the oil from it.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Bohen
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by capt caper
I got the block of kit's from Shppliey. Great kit. $95 shipped. Also the long term damage from not removing EGR is the possibility of the coolers inside leaking at some point.. You would notice your antifreeze level dropping and water in the oil from it.
It's a currently the only sale for Cummings at this time . So the kid that you purchased did it actually fit?

Old 02-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Bohen
Laughing Gas
I assume that when I order the tow tune from Tyrant that they will know my truck will be deleted ?

Old 02-09-2019, 10:58 AM
mxer0022
Cargo Master

I assume that when I order the tow tune from Tyrant that they will know my truck will be deleted ?
they will ask you that before they write the tune. When you order your tune they should sent you an email asking for the numbers off your ecm and tcm and possibly your vin, I dont remember if they ask that or not. It is here where you will tell them that your truck is deleted.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:14 PM
cjssr
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I emailed the company this week and got a quick reply. They have just recently put a Ford kit together. Waiting back now on a price with additional items removed.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,310 Likes on 4,579 Posts
Originally Posted by dirthawg
I'm also interested in this topic, when my warranty runs out I plan to delete at the first sign of an emissions fault. Threads asking about the items needed for deleting appears to be a hot topic and nobody fully answers the question in detail.

I've gathered info on the required products needed for blocking the EGR and removing the DPF. These appear to be the most popular and reliable here on FTE

If anyone wants to post their thoughts on the products listed below it would be much appreciated. Did I leave anything out? Are all these items necessary to delete a truck and keep the decibel levels as close to stock as possible?

The only item I feel might be unnecessary is the resonator because it's my understanding the factory tail pipe has a similar device already installed.

11'-16' 6.7L Delete Supplies For Stock Power And Sound

$$99.99 - No Limit EGR Block Off Plates

$399.99 - SCT x4 Programmer

$249.99 - Tyrant Tune

$186.00 - Flo Pro 4" Race Pipe without bungs

$117.99 - Donaldson Muffler - M085421 is quieter than the M085171

$135.94 - FTE Resonator
_________

$1189.90
Thanks dirthawg for putting those links together. I've seen the other stuff but never have seen the Donaldson muffler and the FTE resonator.

Originally Posted by U9000
Shibby Engineering has a kit with all of the plugs. It seems to be a complete kit. I've only found them on a bookface page and not a true web page.
Originally Posted by dirthawg
I found these on their facebook page. I sent an email yesterday, waiting to hear back from them regarding cost.

11'-14'

15'-16'

17+
Thanks for the info on the Shibby Engineering plug kit.

Originally Posted by capt caper
Originally Posted by Deuce40s
No risk of damage at all. Mine is left in place for the foreseeable future.

I am also researching this stuff for a possible delete in the future. So for the guys who have deleted, what's the deal with the block off plates? If you leave the cooler on, do you have to do anything to the cooler or it's just unplugged and sitting there? If you remove the EGR cooler, is that where the block off plates come in? Some pics of deleted with cooler AND WITHOUT would be great if someone doesn't mind. Not trying to hijack thread, just trying to gain info without starting another delete thread. Thanks.

I found this site with a Gearbox Z tuner that looks like it plugs into the OBD2 port to download just the software fixes for the DPF and SCR functions to run stock deleted. I've never heard of these guys. Just wanted to present it for FYI.

https://freedomdieselperformance.com...6-pickups.html

Here's the site for GearboxZ:

https://gearboxz.com/

Old 02-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Bohen
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by mxer0022
they will ask you that before they write the tune. When you order your tune they should sent you an email asking for the numbers off your ecm and tcm and possibly your vin, I dont remember if they ask that or not. It is here where you will tell them that your truck is deleted.
Where are the ECM and TCM located at ?

Old 02-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Claluja
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Overkill - pix of delete with EGR cooler removed.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:38 PM
mxer0022
Cargo Master

Where are the ECM and TCM located at ?
usually you will be able to pull them with the tuner you purchase. At least that's how it was when I last tuned my '06 with the SCT X3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recommended EGR plates and DPF delete kits