Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Recommended EGR plates and DPF delete kits

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended EGR plates and DPF delete kits

Old 03-13-2019, 05:51 AM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Bohen View Post
so I finally took a look and there is enough space for a 4 or 5 inch . My question now if you don't mind is with the 4 inch race pipe and resonator how are your egt's ? Also any drone because this is my daily driver and the wife is with me at times ?
EGTs are normal. Yes there is a drone. If you search on here there is a thread I made showing the difference a muffler makes in eliminating the drone.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:00 AM
Bohen
Senior User
Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Deuce40s View Post
EGTs are normal. Yes there is a drone. If you search on here there is a thread I made showing the difference a muffler makes in eliminating the drone.
Maybe I'm missing it but I look for threads that you started and I don't seem to find them one that talks about a difference a muffler makes in eliminating the drone. Is it overbearing the drone that you experience now ?

Old 03-13-2019, 08:49 AM
Deuce40s
Elder User
Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.Deuce40s has a very good reputation on FTE.
Maybe I'm missing it but I look for threads that you started and I don't seem to find them one that talks about a difference a muffler makes in eliminating the drone. Is it overbearing the drone that you experience now ?
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...er-review.html

After installing the muffler I don't have a drone.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Bohen
Senior User
Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.Bohen has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Deuce40s View Post
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...er-review.html

After installing the muffler I don't have a drone.
thank you and that is a great write up .

Old 03-14-2019, 01:34 PM
doczenith1
Senior User
doczenith1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm straight piped right now with the stock tailpipe. Here's how the truck sounds at idle. Second video is at a higher idle speed.

I have the same muffler as Deuce40s sitting in my garage. Will probably put it on this spring.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:14 PM
Bohen
Senior User
Thank you for the video clips. My buddy told me that I should run an aftermarket air intake. I personally don't think it's necessary but this will be my 1st truck dropping the rocket ship off of He also try telling me that tyrant tunes aren't good that it affected his fuel mileage I think hes got a heavy foot

Old 03-14-2019, 06:50 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
Thank you for the video clips. My buddy told me that I should run an aftermarket air intake. I personally don't think it's necessary but this will be my 1st truck dropping the rocket ship off of He also try telling me that tyrant tunes aren't good that it affected his fuel mileage I think hes got a heavy foot
I think the gains with an aftermarket intake on these 6.7's is very minimal. I came from a 7.3 and that intake royally sucked stock, and there was definitely gains with aftermarket. I kept my intake stock on my truck, and I'm happy wit it.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:13 PM
Bohen
Senior User
I was reading instructions on how to do the EGR for removal and it talks about removing the high and low coolant lines well there be loss of coolant do I need to purchase a head of time ? Thank you

Old 03-14-2019, 11:01 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
I was reading instructions on how to do the EGR for removal and it talks about removing the high and low coolant lines well there be loss of coolant do I need to purchase a head of time ? Thank you
Yes you'll need all new coolant. I lucked out on timing when I deleted, as It was approaching time for new coolant anyways.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:00 AM
Bohen
Senior User
Originally Posted by UP_There View Post
Yes you'll need all new coolant. I lucked out on timing when I deleted, as It was approaching time for new coolant anyways.
thank you sir .

Old 03-15-2019, 06:01 AM
Bohen
Senior User
I would like to thank everyone who has added to this thread either with questions or answers and thank you for being patient .

Old 03-16-2019, 12:20 PM
Bohen
Senior User
Is anyone using this product

if not , what are you are you using to cover the plug w
after the egr is removed?

Old 03-19-2019, 06:13 AM
PATRICKPHAN
New User
PATRICKPHAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Other common issues associated with DPF delete kits are those with the regeneration process. There is extended passive regeneration occurring when on long drives. This is initiated automatically when there is an increase in temperature. Since most owners of diesel-powered trucks operate in urban environments, so naturally, they donít get enough open-road time. Thatís why manufacturers have also included active regeneration cycles in most diesel engines. This active regeneration cycle injects raw diesel into the exhaust system, thereby raising the temperature and initiating regeneration. But if either the active or passive regeneration is interrupted, the incineration will not be completed. The particles that were not properly burned will then clog the DPF. The best-case-scenario is it will result in backpressure in the exhaust system, which will then lead to reduced engine efficiency, lower mileage and increased fuel consumption. The worst-case-scenario is it can result in your truck going into Ďlimp modeí, which what you donít really want because it will force you to bring the truck into a repair shop for a thorough cleaning or even replacement of the DPF. And as you know, that will be worth thousands of dollars in unwanted expenses.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:25 AM
UP_There
Post Fiend
Patrick. Deleting is the main reason, for eliminating all of that garbage. There will be zero regens, therefore.....nothing to plug up.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Overkill2
Elder User
Overkill2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Is anyone using this product

if not , what are you are you using to cover the plug w
after the egr is removed?
Bohen, check out Shibby Engineering. I believe they make a complete plug kit for our engines. They've been mentioned a few times in different threads here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: