2019 - 2023 Ranger Everything about the new 2019-2023 Ford Ranger.

Initial demand looks good....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 09:55 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
I see your point but, if you had "real" pick up with a pallet of say 750 pounds of whatever in the bed, do think that the flimsy POS scissor jack is going to be strong enough to handle the load? That's a silly question for sure and for that reason, I keep a 3 ton bottle jack in my truck.
F-150s and Super Duties use a bottle jack that I’m sure would lift a decent load in the bed. If I go on a road trip I bring a floor jack, compressor, plug kit..etc just to be sure I’m prepared.

That said the only flats ive got have been in my driveway lol

Old 02-14-2019, 03:24 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
My F-150 came with a scissor jack.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:41 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by 92F350CC
My F-150 came with a scissor jack.

Mine too but I don't want to be argumentative. My daughter's 2018 did too because I had to make her prove to me that she could change her spare before heading off to Texas.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:24 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Mine too but I don't want to be argumentative. My daughter's 2018 did too because I had to make her prove to me that she could change her spare before heading off to Texas.
well dang, I could very well be wrong, I don't have my f150 or I would look. I know our old 03 had a bottle jack and every super duty that comes through our shop does also, so a good bit of assumption on my part.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:04 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't really mind that much, but discussing the jacks that come in an F150 is a crazy tangent for a thread that I started about strong sales of the new Ranger.... I have made a rule for myself that I will not allow myself to post after I've had more than 2 drinks

Old 02-15-2019, 12:13 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Originally Posted by YoGeorge
I don't really mind that much, but discussing the jacks that come in an F150 is a crazy tangent for a thread that I started about strong sales of the new Ranger.... I have made a rule for myself that I will not allow myself to post after I've had more than 2 drinks
100% agreed haha

back on topic though, I spoke with one of the fleet guys I work with, he offered to let us take the next new Ranger that arrives home overnight to check it out. Looks like in the next few weeks they should have more in within a few weeks.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
hell im not sure what jack a excursion came with its probably a sissor jack too.

Old 02-15-2019, 01:52 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 437 Likes on 322 Posts
Originally Posted by YoGeorge
I have made a rule for myself that I will not allow myself to post after I've had more than 2 drinks
If you ever see a flurry of posts from me on a friday night, I'm probably enjoying several beverages . . . .

Old 02-15-2019, 05:04 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Sorry George! You're absolutely correct sir. I don't drink but I love to talk and here, talking with my friends is merely typing on a keyboard.

Feel free to reel me in any time, I love my friends here on FTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2019, 12:26 AM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Sorry George! You're absolutely correct sir. I don't drink but I love to talk and here, talking with my friends is merely typing on a keyboard.

Feel free to reel me in any time, I love my friends here on FTE!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're the moderator, dude ...I obviously like to talk also and my real interest in the Ranger is its relationship to the new Bronco, which *could* be a vehicle I would buy. And I have a genuine interest in success of the Wayne, MI plant because it employs my neighbors and impacts the economics of the Detroit area....I grew up in a UAW household and my wife was IBEW at Detroit Public TV for 40 years. It's all good, and you are a valuable resource and friend here on the forum.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:27 PM
smlford
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I’m in the market for a replacement to my ‘07 Ranger and have been looking at all the options.

when I can get a GMC Canyon all terrain leather for $38K and the equivalent Ranger Larriat FX4 is asking $45k it makes it hard to justify imho.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:20 PM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
Even though this Ranger is viewed as an older vehicle, the frame and front end are all new for North America/US. As is the engine and transmission and differentials. So therefore, the platform is new, but the cab and bed are carry overs. So, in my opinion, this truck is a beta test mule for sale to the public. The chassis will carry over to the "next generation" with little or no changes while the sheetmetal and options content will change.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:51 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 437 Likes on 322 Posts
Originally Posted by smlford
I’m in the market for a replacement to my ‘07 Ranger and have been looking at all the options.

when I can get a GMC Canyon all terrain leather for $38K and the equivalent Ranger Larriat FX4 is asking $45k it makes it hard to justify imho.
I suspect the true sale prices will be a lot closer after initial demand is soaked up and dealer lots fill up with them, maybe near the end of this year. The MSRP of those two vehicles is pretty close, so it's just a matter of discounts, which are gong to be tiny on the new model ranger. If you have to buy today, then that's a big deal, but if you are patient, the difference will be very small.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:19 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
I suspect the true sale prices will be a lot closer after initial demand is soaked up and dealer lots fill up with them, maybe near the end of this year. The MSRP of those two vehicles is pretty close, so it's just a matter of discounts, which are gong to be tiny on the new model ranger. If you have to buy today, then that's a big deal, but if you are patient, the difference will be very small.
Absolutely agree on this. At the time it was introduced, the PT Cruiser was bringing in MORE than list price because it was "cool and new"... I am quite sure that the Ranger will be a more popular and better vehicle than the PT Cruiser in the long run so it won't discount *quite* as deeply, but the "newness factor" is currently at play.

It can be expensive to be the first kid on the block with a new toy and if you need to buy today, other brands of smaller trucks will probably be a better deal. (And in fact, those other brands may be discounting MORE than usual to try and cannibalize Ranger sales while they can.) If you want the best possible deal, try to get a "friends and family" discount through a Ford employee, or using the Costco buying service, but you will still be paying more now than later this year because I'm sure rebates are either small or non-existent.

George

Old 02-19-2019, 12:46 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

I've received prices on two Lariats very close in spec with a msrp of 44,750 and pricing I was able to get through my fleet contracts was right around 42,200 as there are no incentives or rebates yet.

Quick Reply: Initial demand looks good....