Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dallas Bronco build for family offroad fun

Old 01-31-2019, 08:57 AM
brainofjjj
Junior User
brainofjjj is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dallas Bronco build for family offroad fun

As an introduction i've been into building cars for street and racing for about 15 years and grew up working my dad on his road racing Datsun 240z. I've owned Honda, Lotus and several BMW race cars and currently race a Spec E46 with NASA and do some WRL events.

Anyway, i got bitten by the FSB bug a year back when my wife told me she loved them and wanted one someday. At the time i drove a CTSV and she an FJ Cruiser that she will keep forever. I rented F350s from Enterprise to pull my 28 foot enclosed trailer to races but wanted my own truck. In Sept 2018 i traded the V for a 2019 F250 and started some light modding, Carli Commuter and 17" Methods.

Then in November we came across a perfect 95 Bronco on Facebook Marketplace of all places. It was about an hour away and a pretty good deal from what i could tell. The only bad part was it was a former law enforcement truck so it had no backseat or seatbelts....no biggie. Went out there one week night and trailered it home....it's been a fun money pit since then.

The truck had major bump steer and was pretty dangerous to drive, It had a 6" lift from RC and some wide 5x10 wheels with 35's. Looked great but drove like ***. Here's what's been done since then.

- Solo Motorsports Stage 2 kit with Deaver Q80s
- Method wheels 17x8
- BFG KM3s in 35x12.5
- PRP bench seat - i'm fabbing a mount now
- custom seatbelts in the rear
- all new steering from wheel to axle with redhead gear
- new brakes all around
- rear lights and rear view cam
- fabbing a new side step - still in progress
- new grill and lights all around

Sorry for the long post but i'm so excited for this build and my new found love of trucks.

Old 01-31-2019, 11:59 AM
NewEnglander
Elder User
NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wow nice find, absolutely gorgeous, looking forward to seeing more. Is the front end toed out a little or camber off?

Old 01-31-2019, 02:11 PM
brainofjjj
Junior User
Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
Wow nice find, absolutely gorgeous, looking forward to seeing more. Is the front end toed out a little or camber off?
Thanks and yeah we thought it was a super clean example for the cost. Engine had been rebuilt and whole interior was LineX'ed. Yeah i need to set the toe this weekend. Truck has too much camber but i'll like get some Solo TBBs soon that will fix it. Until then i like the look.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:54 PM
Bruners4
Senior User
Bruners4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Awesome BKO that you have there! Looking forward to seeing where you go with this one.

Old 02-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Black Ford XLT
Posting Guru
Black Ford XLT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice Find , had to lol over the money pit comment., I have owned my Bronco for 27 years and have worked on it the last 20 .It is fun and can get expensive . Over the years I have seen folks here come and go. (FTE )I have learned a lot about my trucks from this site and will continue to do so. Recently I purchased a 2018 -F 150. Since this purchase my wife always asks why do you drive your old trucks, more than the new one. I always think to myself- if I have to explain - she will not understand ! Congrads - This Bug is Rewarding! TR

Old 02-02-2019, 02:47 PM
brainofjjj
Junior User
Originally Posted by Bruners4 View Post
Awesome BKO that you have there! Looking forward to seeing where you go with this one.
Thanks, i'll be sure to keep posting photos.

Originally Posted by Black Ford XLT View Post
Nice Find , had to lol over the money pit comment., I have owned my Bronco for 27 years and have worked on it the last 20 .It is fun and can get expensive . Over the years I have seen folks here come and go. (FTE )I have learned a lot about my trucks from this site and will continue to do so. Recently I purchased a 2018 -F 150. Since this purchase my wife always asks why do you drive your old trucks, more than the new one. I always think to myself- if I have to explain - she will not understand ! Congrads - This Bug is Rewarding! TR
Yeah i drive the Bronco a lot and could drive my new F250 but don't. BTW, i'm originally from Lexington SC so i know your area pretty well.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:47 PM
th67ss
Senior User
th67ss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Are those the steps you're fabbing up in the one picture? If so I'd take a pair, I've been looking for some like that for my 96.

btw....great looking Bronco!!

Old 02-03-2019, 08:47 AM
brainofjjj
Junior User
Originally Posted by th67ss View Post
Are those the steps you're fabbing up in the one picture? If so I'd take a pair, I've been looking for some like that for my 96.

btw....great looking Bronco!!
i think they are Nfab and came with the truck. Iím going to remove the step and make one thatís about 6 inches lower for the wife.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Bruners4
Senior User
Bruners4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think that maybe he was referring to these.
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ers-steps.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.