1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truck cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 05:36 PM
lfed
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck cover

I'm looking to get a truck cover for my 53 f100. What I would like is the opinion from FTE members who have bought a truck cover for their 53 - 55 f100 how the fit is and quality.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:30 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,445 Posts
I know this is not what you are looking for, but I use old king size sheets! The fitted sheet fits perfectly over the cab. It goes down to the bottom of the door windows and covers the windshield. The flat sheet covers the hood perfectly. I tuck it under he wipers! It covers the fat fenders. And the pillow cases I put over the mirrors.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:19 PM
Naufrago
New User
Ifed,
I purchased the LMC 4000 cover about a year ago for a '55 F100. Seems waterproof, although I do get a little condensation under it at times. Fits good, a little bit of the running boards are exposed, and I did have the front half come off in very heavy wind once. I now use a small rubber tie to take up a little of the slack up front. Haven't had that problem again.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:08 AM
Badmoonreizen
Laughing Gas
Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Absolutely the best car cover made! They make both indoor and outdoor covers and are custom fitted perfectly.
https://www.calcarcover.com/product/...car-cover/3937

Regards, Mark

Old 01-31-2019, 06:22 AM
cowdog86
Senior User
I use an old parachute. Light as a feather to pull off and put in toolbox.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:54 PM
lfed
Junior User
Originally Posted by abe
I know this is not what you are looking for, but I use old king size sheets! The fitted sheet fits perfectly over the cab. It goes down to the bottom of the door windows and covers the windshield. The flat sheet covers the hood perfectly. I tuck it under he wipers! It covers the fat fenders. And the pillow cases I put over the mirrors.
That's funny, I did think about using bed sheets.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:02 PM
lfed
Junior User
Originally Posted by Badmoonreizen
Absolutely the best car cover made! They make both indoor and outdoor covers and are custom fitted perfectly.
https://www.calcarcover.com/product/...car-cover/3937

Regards, Mark
Mark, Are you using a calcarcover or have you seen them in uses for 53-55 f100? I was on calcarcover web site and I like their covers, but I would like to talk to someone who has one or seen them in uses.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:31 AM
Pladsmand
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great but how to find an old parachute. I`m really envious

Old 02-02-2019, 11:42 AM
GJCAT
Tuned
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I got mine from Midfifty. I got the storm weave and it fits good It goes dowm under the running boards and under the fenders and bumpers. Only problem is it fills with water over the bed. I resorted to making a couple of 2x4s to fit across the bed and a piece of plywood to cover the 2xs to keep the water out. I do keep it out side right now because of my kids jeep project which take up half of my shop!

Old 02-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
I can tell you that I like my Cal Car Cover for my '49 the one thing that I found over time is the rear corners of the bed rails (sharpness corner) needs doubling up is to ask them for extra mirror cups and install them to add strength and thickness!

Old 02-03-2019, 08:14 AM
lfed
Junior User
Originally Posted by GJCAT
I got mine from Midfifty. I got the storm weave and it fits good It goes dowm under the running boards and under the fenders and bumpers. Only problem is it fills with water over the bed. I resorted to making a couple of 2x4s to fit across the bed and a piece of plywood to cover the 2xs to keep the water out. I do keep it out side right now because of my kids jeep project which take up half of my shop!
Originally Posted by Moe Craig
I can tell you that I like my Cal Car Cover for my '49 the one thing that I found over time is the rear corners of the bed rails (sharpness corner) needs doubling up is to ask them for extra mirror cups and install them to add strength and thickness!
GJCAT and Moe Craig, If it wouldn't be to much trouble could you post a picture with the cover on the truck.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Here's my '49 F1 with the cover on.

I don't have my mirror pockets sewn on in this pic

Old 02-05-2019, 05:46 AM
lfed
Junior User
Thanks' Moe,
That's how I want a cover to fit.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:46 PM
pappacrunch
Mountain Pass
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine is from Mid Fifty. It is covering my 55. I need to put a couple of 2x4's in the bed because it fills up with water. The good news is that it keeps the water out. :-) It is easy to put on and take off. Has elastic on the front and rear that gets up under the bumpers and front fenders that keeps it in place. It also has a strap you can throw underneath the truck that attaches to the other side to keep it from flying away if it somehow gets untucked.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:26 AM
Pladsmand
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pappacrunch

Mine is from Mid Fifty. It is covering my 55. I need to put a couple of 2x4's in the bed because it fills up with water. The good news is that it keeps the water out. :-) It is easy to put on and take off. Has elastic on the front and rear that gets up under the bumpers and front fenders that keeps it in place. It also has a strap you can throw underneath the truck that attaches to the other side to keep it from flying away if it somehow gets untucked.
nice dog you have i have to show you my

Quick Reply: Truck cover