Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Downpipe questions, easiest way to access the clamp?

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 01-26-2019, 08:25 PM
2006powerstroke90
Postmaster
2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.

When I removed my DPF. I noticed my down pipe was ďlooseĒ it would freely wiggle around, and now I notice exhaust fumes in the truck, and to put my mind to ease I want to see why that down pipe is loose.

Do I have to remove the intake manifold to access the clamp? Or is it possible to access it from the bottom?

I have no problem removing the upper intake if thatís what I need to do. Iíve looked online and can not find a definite answer

Old 01-26-2019, 09:50 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
What year is your truck?

Old 01-27-2019, 04:47 AM
2006powerstroke90
Postmaster
2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a great reputation on FTE.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:34 AM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
During removal of the down pipe, they mention removing the right hand fender splash shield.

Here is the installation instructions off the Ford Workshop DVD.

Old 01-27-2019, 01:00 PM
2006powerstroke90
Postmaster
Thanks for that. I found that on all data also, I just donít see how youíd get to the upper up pipe clamp which isnít a big deal now. I removed the wheel liner and found that it was the band clamp since this seems like a piece down pipe. I tightened that clamp and it doesnít move now.

Only issue Iím having now is when Iím at about 27PSI Iíd boost i hear a hissing sound from somewhere in the motor.

Truck never boosted that high before so I never heard it before this. I donít see soot deposits anywhere on the up pipes so I donít think itís them leaking. Are there common areas for boost leaks on these trucks? I see most of the intercooler pipes and snap together.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:35 AM
UGA33
Post Fiend
UGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud ofUGA33 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 2006powerstroke90 View Post
Thanks for that. I found that on all data also, I just donít see how youíd get to the upper up pipe clamp which isnít a big deal now. I removed the wheel liner and found that it was the band clamp since this seems like a piece down pipe. I tightened that clamp and it doesnít move now.

Only issue Iím having now is when Iím at about 27PSI Iíd boost i hear a hissing sound from somewhere in the motor.

Truck never boosted that high before so I never heard it before this. I donít see soot deposits anywhere on the up pipes so I donít think itís them leaking. Are there common areas for boost leaks on these trucks? I see most of the intercooler pipes and snap together.
The plastic cold side intercooler pipes are extremely notorious for cracking/blowing apart with age.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: