2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

What a nice truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 09:36 AM
jimzpsd
Fleet Mechanic
Received 300 Likes on 211 Posts
What a nice truck

I gotta hand it to Ford, this truck of mine (in sig) will never stop amazing me with its quality and comfort. The wife and I along with four other adults went out for dinner last night, the drive alone was 51 miles one way. Dark country roads, snow everywhere, heat on music piped in from a flash drive, etc., but get this,........... the outside temps was at -17* (below zero w/a 10 mph wind). It was so comfortable inside the truck that no one wanted to get out, lol. But I'm constantly reminded of my old truck that I owned for 18 yrs (also in sig) and how it would have performed, well we wouldn't have made the trip............period. It was loud, heater could not keep up, poor insulation and rode like a dump truck. I hope others enjoy their trucks like I do, I believe Ford went over the top with this new design. Oh btw, on the way home one of my passengers said "what a nice truck".

Old 01-26-2019, 12:26 PM
2017F250131
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, that is until the windshield keeps cracking, the pinch welds and cab lights keep leaking, oh I forgot the broken sunroof tracks and the corrosion on the battery hold down and tow hooks...lets not even discuss the frozen door locks and latches and almost forgot the water pump that went at 27K and the newly occurring death wobble. Thank god all these issues are not affecting my truck but some are and I was really happy with the build quality at first... but now starting to question some things, BTY I took delivery Dec 2017. Keep reading the posts and you will see some reoccuring complaints.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:39 PM
txsd
Mountain Pass
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 2017F250131
Yep, that is until the windshield keeps cracking, the pinch welds and cab lights keep leaking, oh I forgot the broken sunroof tracks and the corrosion on the battery hold down and tow hooks...lets not even discuss the frozen door locks and latches and almost forgot the water pump that went at 27K and the newly occurring death wobble. Thank god all these issues are not affecting my truck but some are and I was really happy with the build quality at first... but now starting to question some things, BTY I took delivery Dec 2017. Keep reading the posts and you will see some reoccuring complaints.
This is the Internet, you will find 10 complaints (or more) for every positive comment about any product or service it seems. You may see some "reoccuring" complaints on this forum, but what percentage of trucks are we really talking about here!? Depends on what complaint we are talking about as each is vastly different, but I would guess a pretty low percentage for most. You said yourself, your truck isn't affected by all of them.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:58 PM
RedRage
Tuned
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't let them bother you

I'm glad your happy with your truck. So am I with mine. Nothing is perfect but my 2017 F350 ccsb 6.7 is close.
Best truck out there.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:02 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
My personal experience and not just internet talk...

frozen door lock mechanism
mice nest in cabin air filter
paint swirl marks from dealer
Water intrusion into rear wire harness

but otherwise it's great. Lol

Old 01-26-2019, 02:00 PM
ssunit1
Laughing Gas
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam
My personal experience and not just internet talk...

frozen door lock mechanism
mice nest in cabin air filter
paint swirl marks from dealer
Water intrusion into rear wire harness

but otherwise it's great. Lol
So you think Ford or the dealer put the mice in there.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:09 PM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Jimzpsd, put a Fia winter cover on, and it’ll really be toasty. I have two and after I sold my 2017, I kept them with the bug screen because of the benefits. Warms up much faster. Stays warm,

Old 01-26-2019, 03:13 PM
stufarmer
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
12,000 miles so far, my Truck's been perfect ..

Old 01-26-2019, 04:21 PM
jimzpsd
Fleet Mechanic
My reason for posting about my truck...........mainly because my last truck ('97 F-350) was my ride for 18 years and before that I owned a 1975 F-100, had that for 19 yrs. Needless to say what a difference, thats all. Not trying to stir the pot for the unhappy owners. My first new vehicle purchase in my entire life, and at the age of 59, I'm impressed with it.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:23 PM
jimzpsd
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by smokewagun
Jimzpsd, put a Fia winter cover on, and it’ll really be toasty. I have two and after I sold my 2017, I kept them with the bug screen because of the benefits. Warms up much faster. Stays warm,
Would you have a link? I searched but only found the universal and the older SD's.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:43 PM
blueglide
Senior User
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Cracks me up when somebody starts rattling off problems some of the Ford trucks have had because we all know that every other auto maker builds perfect vehicles with zero problems.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:59 PM
catrasca
Senior User
I am very happy with my truck after 6 weeks. I did make a lot of changes to it: lifted the front, swapped wheels and tires, swapped shocks, removed the bumper valance, added a dual steering stabilizer, added bed cover, added strobes, swapped halogen lights for LEDs, added a light bar, added Bull Ring flush mount bed tie downs, added a tailgate assist shock. I’ll probably keep on making it “mine” as I get ideas on FTE.

Anyone that has gotten in has complimented me. Random strangers in parking lots compliment me. It sure is an awesome truck.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:08 PM
smokewagun
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by jimzpsd
Would you have a link? I searched but only found the universal and the older SD's.
Sent you a PM. If I find a picture, I’ll post it.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:14 PM
Steelcity
Junior User
I have had my 2017 for over a year now and zero issues. I love this truck.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Clubwagon
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had the same experience with my truck. I bought it on a Friday. Spent from about 10am to about 4pm getting the deal done and waiting for the truck to be delivered from the dealers "other" location 3 hours away. Then hit the road and towed about 4 hours before stopping for the night. The next morning I did 12 hours. Truck was awesome.

A month later, my wife and I and my daughter and her husband all drove 14 hours to western Florida. In complete comfort. Everybody loved using the truck for the trip. We had choices of my wife's mid sized SUV, my sedan or the truck. The truck was by far the best choice.

It has held up well too. 16 months of ownership and I am just as happy.

Quick Reply: What a nice truck