Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F650 No crank

Old 01-24-2019, 05:20 PM
dale1967dc
New User
dale1967dc is starting off with a positive reputation.
F650 No crank

2018 F650 6.7 L diesel. Will not crank. Was cranking fine and it just stopped. Truck has 9000 miles on it

Old 01-25-2019, 05:55 PM
lariatbob
Senior User
lariatbob is starting off with a positive reputation.
Neutral safety switch? May not think it's in park or Neutral. Try putting it in neutral and see if it cranks. Same for possible brake light switch? Do brake lights work?

Old 01-26-2019, 06:00 AM
dale1967dc
New User
I tried putting it in neutral and still wouldn't crank. I will check the brake lights. Truck only has 9,000 miles on it. It was cranking fine then just stopped.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:33 AM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant future
I've been fighting this problem for months. Mine is a 2011, and I'm hoping I have it fixed now. Another guy on here, had the exact same issue, and had his PCM re-flashed and it fixed it for him. I had mine re-flashed yesterday, so we will see how well it fixed mine in the next week or so.
I did all of the physical checks, starter connections, alternator, good batteries, neutral safety switch, relays, fuses, ALL connections were good. It's been frustrating. The way mine would act, was I would have power to everything, but NO crank to the starter, I could hear the fuel pump, and all systems seemed good, except no crank...

Old 01-26-2019, 07:47 AM
dale1967dc
New User
Yes I checked all the preliminary stuff also. Everything is fine. This truck is under warranty but customer doesn't want to tow it to the dealer.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:20 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant future
re-flash did NOT fix my no cranking issue. Back to the shop next week....

Old 01-26-2019, 08:06 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by UP_There View Post
I've been fighting this problem for months. Mine is a 2011, and I'm hoping I have it fixed now. Another guy on here, had the exact same issue, and had his PCM re-flashed and it fixed it for him. I had mine re-flashed yesterday, so we will see how well it fixed mine in the next week or so.
I did all of the physical checks, starter connections, alternator, good batteries, neutral safety switch, relays, fuses, ALL connections were good. It's been frustrating. The way mine would act, was I would have power to everything, but NO crank to the starter, I could hear the fuel pump, and all systems seemed good, except no crank...
Did you check the hood switch?

Old 01-26-2019, 08:17 PM
ford390gashog
Post Fiend
ford390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud offord390gashog has much to be proud of
Is there a PTO? There is a starter inhibit shown in the body upfitter guide. The next likely cause is the firewall bulkhead connection check for moisture. It's on the drivers side and runs down and crosses the frame.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: