Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

No EGT monitoring in the torque pro app

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 01-23-2019, 07:41 PM
ajorn
Senior User
ajorn is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have the Pro version of the Torque App. I added see EGT options but I either get a reading of 122 or 8xx on all four sensors. The values never change. Has anyone else seen this?

(I have a 2012 6.7 that is deleted and running an unknown tune on a X4)

Old 01-23-2019, 08:04 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud ofUP_There has much to be proud of
Dig around in the Torque Pro for EGT 11. It will work, mine does. It took me awhile to ignore temps after I switched from the 7.3. Temps aren't an issue anymore like they were on the 7.3's...

Old 01-23-2019, 08:14 PM
ajorn
Senior User
I have all the of the sensors listed, but I am not getting values. I wonder if it has to do with the unknown tunes?

Yeah, coming from a 7.3 this is a world of difference.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:14 PM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
I use torque pro with an android phone. I use the SupeDutypids.apk plugin and it monitors all EGT's just fine. You will need to select the correct pid.....it will have "(6.7l)" after the sensor you want to add.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:58 AM
ajorn
Senior User
Thought I found it but still no data..

trying to upload screenshot from my phone...

Old 01-24-2019, 09:49 AM
ajorn
Senior User

This is with the truck running. I installed the 6.7 plugins but still don't see any EGT data?

Old 01-24-2019, 10:02 AM
ajorn
Senior User

Old 01-24-2019, 10:10 AM
dirthawg
Elder User
dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.dirthawg has a good reputation on FTE.
Those are the correct pids.

Im not familiar with how a full delete works but wouldn't a dpf delete remove a temp sensor or 2?

Old 01-24-2019, 12:07 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dirthawg View Post
Those are the correct pids.

Im not familiar with how a full delete works but wouldn't a dpf delete remove a temp sensor or 2?
Don't know anything about the delete either, but do know that EGT11, 12, 13, 14 are all on the torpedo. So if its gone, then most likely all the EGT sensors are gone too. You may need to install your own EGT sensor.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:20 PM
ajorn
Senior User
I thought about that, however, this No limit kit has the EGT sensor relocated. I just don't know how to read it's data..

Old 01-24-2019, 12:55 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ajorn View Post
I thought about that, however, this No limit kit has the EGT sensor relocated. I just don't know how to read it's data..
Might need to contact the nolimit folks for that info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: