2017 F-350 that is demon posessed! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

2017 F-350 that is demon posessed!

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 01-21-2019, 07:42 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
oklarado is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

2017 SRW F-350 XL 6.7 diesel. Truck has power windows,locks,keyless entry,Sync 3. This is the second time I have turned off truck, walked away and came back hours later to find both front windows rolled all the way down. The truck has an electric glitch somewhere my guess. What I don't know is how you would even begin to diagnose this. Its done is twice in the past 2 months so its not like it does it everyday. Anyone else heard of this?

Old 01-21-2019, 07:55 PM
jstiltner
Freshman User
jstiltner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Try turning off the remote window roll down feature on the settings on the gauge display. Maybe you are hitting the buttons by accident somehow.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:56 PM
cficare
Posting Guru
cficare has a good reputation on FTE.cficare has a good reputation on FTE.
Did you by chance activate "Global opening?" If so, you should have found your doors unlocked, too. Found the following in the owner's manual:

GLOBAL OPENING (If Equipped) You can use the remote control to operate the windows with the ignition off. Note:To operate this feature, accessory delay must not be active. Opening the Windows You can only open the windows for a short time after you unlock your vehicle with the remote control. After you unlock your vehicle, press and hold the remote control unlock button to open the windows. Release the button once movement starts. Press the lock or unlock button to stop movement.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:59 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
oklarado is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks for quick reply! I don't think I activated "global opening" not sure what it is or how to activate it. I will read up in the manual hopefully it shows me how to turn it off!

Old 01-21-2019, 08:00 PM
cficare
Posting Guru
cficare has a good reputation on FTE.cficare has a good reputation on FTE.
Page 96 in my OM.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Faceplant409
Elder User
Faceplant409 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I found this by accident.
Then I read about it here.
Pretty cool.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:37 PM
ncl
Elder User
ncl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yep found this nice feature out. My 9 and 5 year old girls somehow did this to my truck and I didnt realize until the next morning after a nice misty drizzly night. . I turned this feature off needless to say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.