2015 F250 Tow Wiring Issue - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

2015 F250 Tow Wiring Issue

Old 01-20-2019, 09:17 AM
Adam Meier
New User
Adam Meier is starting off with a positive reputation.
2015 F250 Tow Wiring Issue

I 2006 F250 that I used to tow my travel trailer was recently totaled so I purchased a 2015 6.2 F250 to take its place. I had not towed anything with it yet and went to pick up my travel trailer after work, got it all hooked up and when I was about to leave turned on my truck lights only to find darkness on the trailer when I did the walk around. The 7-pin trailer wiring was plugged tightly into the outlet under rear bumper; however, when I looked underneath the truck someone had cut off the 7pin wiring harness plug that goes to the rear of the 7 pin outlet under the bumper.

I was able to find another OEM plug from an earlier year Ford truck so I can splice together, but some of the wire colors are different.

White, Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, Brown, Grey are the colors of the wires that were cut, with White and Blue being a thicker gauge wire.

We just got blasted with a snowstorm, it’s 14 degrees, and will be making repair in driveway, so if anyone knows what wires go with what functions, it would save me some time with tester and I would very much appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-20-2019, 12:02 PM
seville009
Postmaster
seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.seville009 has a good reputation on FTE.
Just google “seven pin trailer plug diagrams” for each year plug. Tons of images come up.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.
Grey on yours is reverse, goes to center terminal.

Standard Bargman 7 flat trailer connector wire colors and positions. The colors may be different on your vehicle, but the position of the wire on the connector for each function is universal.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:25 PM
The Bone
Elder User
The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.The Bone has a good reputation on FTE.
I found one color that my wire harness didn't match up so I just used the process of elimination till I got to the wire that needed a place to go. I had a black wire that isn't in the diagram. All the other wires had a match.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.