Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Knee deep and over my head, maybe

Old 02-09-2019, 06:01 AM
FuzzFace2
Post Fiend
FuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to all
I got up a little before you posted this, dogs want out and this pass week been getting up between 12am & 2am for work, so I figured why not hit the garage?
Well waiting for dogs to come back in I got on computer, big mistake, to fix an issue I caused when fixing another issue last night and have not made it out to the garage yet.

It was pretty nice here the last 3 or 4 days, almost 80* yesterday, today only getting to 40* to 45* and come beginning of next week rain & cold.
Because it was warm we had the heat off it got down to 64* inside the house! Why does it get cold on the weekends when it is the only time we can work on our trucks?

I know you said you did this so you can get the truck painted and together before you have to take down that shed is that right?
Have you looked into a portable garage type thing?

Harbor Freight & Northern Tools sells them and may be a option till you can come up with something better.
Dave ----

Old 02-09-2019, 06:18 AM
Kramercd
Senior User
Kramercd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not a bad idea, that's a bit out of my price range, unless the Gov't stays open long enough for my tax return to get sent to me. I've been buying all my truck parts with my credit card. Yes, the truck is soon to be homeless for awhile. I'm going to try and get the frame painted as well as the engine. So I can get the cab back on, new bushings should be in monday. Then I can put the hood and quarter panels back(at least temporarily. I have a lot of junk to throw away and organize. I'll keep working on the truck until the additions are ready to be taken down. Got to beautify the original shed, it's staying up even if we have to find a new insurance place. The additions are crap and need to be taken down anyway. Haven't looked into portable buildings yet as the main building is sufficient for storing all the not junk. I've got at least a trailer load of scrap the haul off, hoping I can sneak the rest into the regular garbage carefully disguised in contractor bags. I will have to figure out how to hide most of the lumber and some of the tin. Most of it will get hauled for scrap, it's just that rough. Then I'll have to clean up the ground on that third of the yard. And hopefully they will either let us email them pictures or have a guy come out pretty quick. And as soon as I get the all clear I'm building a much nicer, although temporary shelter over my truck.

80 degrees and I bet you didnt spill a drop of paint. Not turning out like me are you? Like working on your truck more than you like driving it?

Old 02-09-2019, 07:54 AM
FuzzFace2
Post Fiend
FuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to allFuzzFace2 is a name known to all
It is something how things get away from us then someone has to point it out and give a dead line to clean it all up. You hate to trash the stuff as you know you will need it one day.
And this always happens when we are low on funds. When we moved from CT to NC where we are now what we could not give away to Good Will we had to trash.

Oh I have not driven my truck other than the vary bad road test before I bought it. That was back in Dec 2015 and when I got it home on the trailer and I knew the motor ran good, it was missing on 1 or 2 cly. I pulled the truck all apart. Other than starting it up to move in & out of the garage for a little more room or cleaning it sits. I don't even put gas in the tanks for fear it will go bad from sitting so I run it off a 2gal tank on the inner fender well.

The 80* day yesterday I was working at my paying job. I did get home early but did not have the energy to get out to the garage. It has to do with getting up between 12am to 2am and not getting home till 5pm to 7pm then dinner and bed for a few hours to start all over again. I drive a tank trailer truck and 2 days in a row I did over 400 miles each day the others were about 150 to 200 with stops to pick up and drop off 25 to 26 tons of powered cement to the plants, we blow it off with air into silos.

Going to have breakfast then make an effort to get out to the garage to tinker on a few little things. Also want to make sure I have enough red paint to paint the bed when the day is right for it.
Dave ----

Old 02-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Kramercd
Senior User
You never need the stuff until you toss it. I'm going to do my best to get my truck back on the road before yours, although yours will be better looking when it hits the road.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:20 PM
Kramercd
Senior User
Heat in the house went out yesterday, took me two hours to fix it. Missed my window to paint. Plastic is holding. Only dry patch in the county is under my lean to. Yards ankle deep. Said to expect five inches of rain tomorrow. River is going to break flood stage tomorrow. Doubt I'm going to get much done. In the meantime I'm going to gather up all my tools and get them organized again. And I need to consolidate my truck parts, organize them and store them better.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:40 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Kramercd View Post
Heat in the house went out yesterday, took me two hours to fix it. Missed my window to paint. Plastic is holding. Only dry patch in the county is under my lean to. Yards ankle deep. Said to expect five inches of rain tomorrow. River is going to break flood stage tomorrow. Doubt I'm going to get much done. In the meantime I'm going to gather up all my tools and get them organized again. And I need to consolidate my truck parts, organize them and store them better.
Hey Clifton, do me a favor, would ya? Go to your UserCP, edit your details, and fill in your city & state so it'll show up in the top-right of each of your posts, ok? I really don't remember where you're from.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:00 PM
Kramercd
Senior User
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
Hey Clifton, do me a favor, would ya? Go to your UserCP, edit your details, and fill in your city & state so it'll show up in the top-right of each of your posts, ok? I really don't remember where you're from.
Guess it's about time to fill my profile out. I think that info is there, thought I told it to show. Might even look into signatures lol.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:12 AM
FuzzFace2
Post Fiend
I was wondering where flooding was, don't watch news much.
Weather said we are getting rain here next few days also.
I have no work today, been to warn for LP gas loads and because of the cold now and rain coming no cement loads.
I should get my butt out to the garage, cant paint to cold, but there is other things I can do.
Good luck
Dave ----

Old 02-11-2019, 10:26 AM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Spring is coming

Old 02-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Kramercd
Senior User
Pulled the valve covers, waters too deep to do anything, seeping in from three sides, washing my floor out under the walls, still raining too.

should be assembly date, being stamped? 17 june '-3

cast date 25 march '-0

Anyone know how to summon NumberDummy? Casting numbers on this head arent making much sense to me. Casting number is D2TT-8A or D2TT-BA and honestly the casting is too rough to tell which. The casting date is shown as 25 march '-0 But the design was implemented in '72, right? so it obviously wasnt cast in '70. Which decade? The stamped or "assembly" date is 17 june '-3. But who stamped that, and again, decade? Is there any way to date the head on this thing?

Old 02-12-2019, 04:42 AM
Kramercd
Senior User
Alright, casting numbers are really really rough. Casting number on the heads should be D2TE-BA and I read they were used up to '84. If that's true, then I guess mine was cast in '80 and assembled in '83.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:06 AM
ctubutis
Tag a user using @username and they'll get an e-mail saying they've been tagged.

So, let's see if we can get NumberDummy to stop by....

Old 02-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Kramercd
Senior User
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
Tag a user using @username and they'll get an e-mail saying they've been tagged.
I must have made it to the first inner circle or something, been learning all kinds of good stuff. Even found an old post of yours showing how to properly search FTE using google. Still didnt help me find the thread I was looking for. It's possibly I imagined it and the participants. Or it's over at Gary's place. But thought it was here. You, Gary, and I'm sure numberdummy was there, and Franklin, probably AB as well. Discussing differences in the 240 and 300 and trying to figure out where the different compression ratios were coming from? I searched for that dude for over an hour, found some related threads but not that one. That ring any bells, or did I make it up?

Old 02-12-2019, 05:04 PM
Kramercd
Senior User
Aftermath of hurricane youaintnevergonnagetyourtruckpainted

Been about nine hours since it rained last, going to get a day and a half break, then more rain.

Lowest parts of the yard are under about 5" of water.

Front side of my little hovel

inner part of shed

Driest spot in the county

water from inside the shed washing my floor away

At least my new bushings look nice. With any luck they'll fit too.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:34 PM
FuzzFace2
Post Fiend
That sucks.
It's been drizzling, fogy and cold here for 3 days now and starting that way in the AM.
I did spend a little time in the garage but not feeling good I had to force my self to finish what I was doing before I called it quits.

Hope it dries out enough for you to get something done.
Dave ----

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.