Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Knee deep and over my head, maybe

Old 05-31-2019, 01:12 PM
Kramercd
Elder User
Kramercd is starting off with a positive reputation.
It is going to be a while before I can lay hands on an engine hoist. Been thinking on how to finish this build without on. Right now I'm considering removing the oil pump, or at least the pickup. Shaping wood to sit on the bolt heads of the crank bearing caps. And blocking up between there and the cross member after I finish painting the cross member. I figure I may need to stabalize the engine with a couple of straps to keep her from wanting to roll. Then paint, new motor mounts. Reblock under motor mounts to reinstall pump/pickup and pan.

What do you guys think, is this doable or a terrible idea?

Old 05-31-2019, 01:46 PM
jackietreehorn
Elder User
jackietreehorn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jackietreehorn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I replaced a rear main seal and oil pump on my back laying on a gravel driveway..It's definitely not fun but it's possible !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.