Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Has Finally Arrived

Old 01-18-2019, 09:45 PM
FORD COASTIE
Posting Guru
FORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to behold
Truck Has Finally Arrived

After waiting for 4 1/2 months, I finally got my truck today. It was ordered on August 30th, and arrived at the dealership yesterday. My salesman has been selling Fords for 20 years and said this is the longest he’s ever seen an order take to come in. Anyway, I’m just glad it’s finally here. This is the first time I special ordered a vehicle exactly how I wanted. I went from the 3.5 to the 2.7 Ecoboost.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:35 PM
smokewagun
Posting Guru
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
Iíve been ordering a loooong time. NEVER, have I had one that long. Seems to me someone messed up the order, or your dealer does not have priority.
A guy I work with ordered a truck very similar to yours, and was in in 5 weeks.
Nice truck.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:52 PM
TJReams
Posting Guru
TJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to beholdTJReams is a splendid one to behold
Very Nice!! Mine was 4 days short of 2 months when I ordered it.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:28 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Perty sexy shipmate!!!!

Old 01-19-2019, 06:53 AM
Midnightmoon
Senior User
Midnightmoon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Midnightmoon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Very nice. Congratulations

Old 01-19-2019, 11:27 AM
FORD COASTIE
Posting Guru
FORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post
Iíve been ordering a loooong time. NEVER, have I had one that long. Seems to me someone messed up the order, or your dealer does not have priority.
A guy I work with ordered a truck very similar to yours, and was in in 5 weeks.
Nice truck.
I just looked at the order confirmation that I got on Aug 30th, and it was ordered priority 10. I have no idea what that means though. The salesman did say his managers were at a meeting a few weeks ago with Ford and they apologized to them for the delay. He also said my truck was ordered during Fordís balance out period, so that might have slowed it too.

I bought it from a small town dealership, and it was a pleasant experience. They didnít try to push extra stuff on me in the F&I office either. The lady asked if I was interested in pricing a warranty and I said no. She never asked again. I buy the extended warranty online. They also provide loaners anytime you bring it in, even if the factory warranty is expired.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:43 AM
smokewagun
Posting Guru
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
Crosstie, if you are happy, THATS the goal. Enjoy that rig. It sure is nice.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:53 AM
FORD COASTIE
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post
Crosstie, if you are happy, THATS the goal. Enjoy that rig. It sure is nice.
Thanks smoke! Iím glad I supported a smaller dealership this time.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:06 PM
RandyinTN
Senior User
RandyinTN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by FORD COASTIE View Post

I just looked at the order confirmation that I got on Aug 30th, and it was ordered priority 10. I have no idea what that means though. The salesman did say his managers were at a meeting a few weeks ago with Ford and they apologized to them for the delay. He also said my truck was ordered during Fordís balance out period, so that might have slowed it too.

I bought it from a small town dealership, and it was a pleasant experience. They didnít try to push extra stuff on me in the F&I office either. The lady asked if I was interested in pricing a warranty and I said no. She never asked again. I buy the extended warranty online. They also provide loaners anytime you bring it in, even if the factory warranty is expired.
Part of the long delay in ordering was Ford did not start building 2019 F150's until well after the date your order was placed.

Old 01-19-2019, 05:20 PM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.
After waiting for 4 1/2 months, I finally got my truck today. It was ordered on August 30th, and arrived at the dealership yesterday. My salesman has been selling Fords for 20 years and said this is the longest heís ever seen an order take to come in. Anyway, Iím just glad itís finally here. This is the first time I special ordered a vehicle exactly how I wanted. I went from the 3.5 to the 2.7 Ecoboost.

Congrats.
It`s hard to tell when I look at the third pic but is your truck White Platinum or Oxford White.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:10 PM
diesel_dan
FTE Addict
diesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RandyinTN View Post
Part of the long delay in ordering was Ford did not start building 2019 F150's until well after the date your order was placed.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I helped a friend buy his 2018, they told us at the dealership that one of the F150 (parts or assembly) plants had a fire and they were going to produce '18s longer. His was built on 9/11/18, which I hope is a special date for anything (our anniversary for example - but we were married long before the terrorist attack, and chose the date because we raced a Porsche 911 through our dating and engagement "years"). That's a pretty late '18 build and I bet there are later ones even... I LOVE my friend's F150! He LOVES his F150, his Wife LOVES (his) F150!!!

And I happen to think yours is pretty nice too - the 2.7EB and 10 Speed are crazy nice together...

Scott

Old 01-19-2019, 07:09 PM
FORD COASTIE
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
Congrats.
It`s hard to tell when I look at the third pic but is your truck White Platinum or Oxford White.
Thank you. Itís White Platinum, which is the same color as my last one. I love that color, but would have gone with the White Gold had Ford not discontinued it for Ď19.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:13 PM
FORD COASTIE
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by diesel_dan View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I helped a friend buy his 2018, they told us at the dealership that one of the F150 (parts or assembly) plants had a fire and they were going to produce '18s longer. His was built on 9/11/18, which I hope is a special date for anything (our anniversary for example - but we were married long before the terrorist attack, and chose the date because we raced a Porsche 911 through our dating and engagement "years"). That's a pretty late '18 build and I bet there are later ones even... I LOVE my friend's F150! He LOVES his F150, his Wife LOVES (his) F150!!!

And I happen to think yours is pretty nice too - the 2.7EB and 10 Speed are crazy nice together...

Scott
Thank you! Iím excited to see how the 2.7 and 10 speed do for fuel mileage. Iím a Realtor, so I drive a lot, and would welcome good mpg numbers.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:15 PM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.

Thank you. Itís White Platinum, which is the same color as my last one. I love that color, but would have gone with the White Gold had Ford not discontinued it for Ď19.
Very cool indeed.

That`s also my favorite color and well worth the extra cost to get it.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:54 PM
diesel_dan
FTE Addict
diesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud ofdiesel_dan has much to be proud of

Thank you! Iím excited to see how the 2.7 and 10 speed do for fuel mileage. Iím a Realtor, so I drive a lot, and would welcome good mpg numbers.
1st) Huh go-figure, so as it happens, we have friends that were originally from down your way, and last time we were talking about long term plans, they were thinking about buying a second home in New Orleans - first to rent out, and second to have as retirement home base....

2nd) Friend has family in Canada and a Daughter in University of Washington, so they do some major road trips, and like you, lots of driving around for his job (he's a horse shoer). On his last trip to Canada, he kept it to 70 and there are some major grades going both ways, he got 26+ mpg, and is so dang happy as his last truck was a DOdGe ecodiesel that was in the shop more than not (was bought back by FCA) and he got almost the same mileage! Well, that was when the truck actually could make the whole trip without side trips to dealers, which was often... :-/

PM me your contact info and I'll pass it on, likely they are hooked up with someone as they still have family down all around there, but hey: why not?...

And we like the pearl whites too, our Benz is that but our F350 is Oxford and Silver two-tone (you got to take what they offer), it was a factory ordered one too...

Best,
Scott

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: