2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Car audio guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 09:57 AM
undl8r
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure. I’m not loosing power just audio signals. Also have amp hooked up the same way and previously had an EQ on same wiring. Going to check it out. Still think it’s related to something in trucks audio signal. Wiring is about 7 months old and I live in the desert. But I guess it’s a possibility.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well i ordered my amp and my harness. I was hoping it would be here for this weekend, but the harness is showing tuesday delivery. I found the answer about my cannels 3 and 4 on my headunit, by reading through an f150 forum. The rear channels are in-op on the regular cab systems. They can however be activated through forscan. Im going to hold off on that a bit until i learn a little more about it. I think im just going to run the amp in 2 channel mode and boost my fronts. Im sure new components and some sound deadening will be in the near future. Im going to worry about a dsp and a sub at a later date........ or like 3 weeks from now....

Old 02-08-2019, 07:25 PM
undl8r
Senior User
Good to hear you can turn on the rears. I guess you’d have to run speaker wire from the harness. Just a friendly reminder-50W is about the max the stock wiring can take and running amp in 2 channel mode may exceed this.

ive been running my head unit directly into the amp. Ironically the remote turn on is coming from the DSP. (Have a hodge podge of wiring going on). Sound quality is clean but DSP was better, except sub. I used Forscsn to set line level out and allow chime to play through speakers. Kept factory EQ/processing.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Amp is 45w rms in 2 channel or 4 channel. I need to do more reading on forscan and make sure i am comfortable with it before i give it a shot. If you play with it again, can you please see if you can tell how you turn on the rear channels? I have had no luck on finding definitive info on what steps to take. Dude on the f150 forum said you just turn the rear channels on and it activates fade as well. He did not give specific steps..... man i really want a dsp and a sub....i’ll probably run this through the summer, and when hail season is over i’ll go ahead and put this amp in my ol’ ladys jeep, and do my system the way that i want.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:46 PM
undl8r
Senior User
Forscan has a mode that is basic and allows a few high level changes with description. I couldn’t figure out how to activate this mode. When I searched the forums trying to figure it out (nothing readily came up) I came across a photo of Forscan screen of someone’s ACM and it didn’t have rear speakers as an option. Mainly turning on an sub.

it will probably have to be changed in advanced mode.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:52 AM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by undl8r
Forscan has a mode that is basic and allows a few high level changes with description. I couldn’t figure out how to activate this mode. When I searched the forums trying to figure it out (nothing readily came up) I came across a photo of Forscan screen of someone’s ACM and it didn’t have rear speakers as an option. Mainly turning on an sub.

it will probably have to be changed in advanced mode.
Well i spent the entire evening searching for answers and reading about forscan. I found no info on how to active the rear channels and the fade. Pretty much the only things that i have walked away with is.......A. Society is passing me up when it comes to technological prowess and B. To be a “car guy” now adays is on a whole nother level than what i am interested in being on. Senselessly over complex..... next truck will be from the 80’s with 30 grand thrown at it, with a custom insurance policy.......not interested in this level of tech.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User

Harness showed up last night insted of the scheduled delivery of monday. Initial impressions are that it is of quality. The plug ends are stout and all of the pins were engaged and straight. I may have left my wires a little too long, but im not sure what im looking at once i open up the dash, so i sided with extra length. Wrapped everything in friction tape because i HATE rats nest wire jobs. About to get out there and try REALLY hard not to break clips.... we shall see....

Old 02-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Done.... took me maybe 30 minites start to finish. First of all i left my wires way too long. Probably could have cut them down by 12” or so. Initial impression... not really that much louder over stock... kind of a pisser. Any other time i have ever run an amp on my fronts i have run 75-125 rms and at those levels the difference is pretty dramatic. 45rms....meh.... i was hoping the extra juice would bring a little more clarity, but i dont think it really improved it much. At higher listening levels the bass lines are much stronger. So much so i almost zeroed out the bass on the HU. Bout to start looking at A/M components....pretty sure i need some processing and a sub before i will be happy with it.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:53 PM
undl8r
Senior User
For me 45 RMS (4 channel) is louder than I can take. I also hate rats nests - my HU is good but behind rear seats is a nightmare right now.

Have you changed out your OEM speakers? Without my DSP and just using xovers on amp I’m getting decent sound but I’m with you. It needs a DSP. I still haven’t been able to get my DSP to not cut out. I checked grounds and everything looked ok but I didn’t have the conductive grease.

For removing panels/plastic I like to heat the cab up first and park in the sun. Seems to make the plastic less brittle. I also got some plastic pry tools that help. I haven’t snapped any interior plastic bits yet.

I can try to figure your ACM settings for rear speakers on Firscan. If you PM me your VIN I’ll find a nearly identical CC or SC on a dealer lot (online) and download the settings for both and see what is different.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:15 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by undl8r
For me 45 RMS (4 channel) is louder than I can take. I also hate rats nests - my HU is good but behind rear seats is a nightmare right now.

Have you changed out your OEM speakers? Without my DSP and just using xovers on amp I’m getting decent sound but I’m with you. It needs a DSP. I still haven’t been able to get my DSP to not cut out. I checked grounds and everything looked ok but I didn’t have the conductive grease.

For removing panels/plastic I like to heat the cab up first and park in the sun. Seems to make the plastic less brittle. I also got some plastic pry tools that help. I haven’t snapped any interior plastic bits yet.

I can try to figure your ACM settings for rear speakers on Firscan. If you PM me your VIN I’ll find a nearly identical CC or SC on a dealer lot (online) and download the settings for both and see what is different.
The dash came apart relatively easy. Been tearing peoples cars apart for years..... only get nervous working on mine! LOL..... It was 70 in Houston today, but i went ahead and used the heater to warm everything up. Learned that trick working in bodyshops years ago. As for the sound, dont get me wrong, it gets loud, its just not clean. I think maybe i expected too much. Needs processing for sure. Im kind of waiting to see if you can line out your front row before i decide what processor i want. I did some searching this weekend and i couldnt find anyone having trouble with random shut down. Most complaints were an on off pop, and difficulty with set up, but for the most parts the front row has pretty positive reviews. Im sure you will get it sorted. As for the speakers, im still running oem.... looking at components though. Probably order something this week. I have a chit load of dynamat from my last system. I may as well put it to use. Thank you so much for trying to help me with forscan. I will pm my vin to you tomorrow!

Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 AM
undl8r
Senior User
I'm getting a clean signal and no distortion when it's as loud as i can take it. I did switch the HU to line level Also stock speakers are only 25W so that maybe the issue.

I think i found a comparable truck to yours, only difference, I believe, is crew cab, 4x4, and diesel motor (only option on this XLT). Here's a link, let me know if this is pretty much the same as yours.

https://www.rich-ford.com/inventory/...ears=2017-2018

Old 02-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
If you just amped the OEM speakers you aren't going to hear much of a difference, they are pretty much maxed out from the factory. Not sure if I read it right, but didn't you buy a 4 channel amp? Can you bridge the channels and get 2ch's with a lot more power? I would buy some nice components for up front, bridge the amp and get a really nice, clean front stage, then decide what you want to do with a sub. You very well might not need a DSP.

I have 191w RMS running to my front components, they scream and with absolutely zero distortion all the way up to max volume.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Yes sir, i am still running the OEM speakers. I am shopping around and reading reviews on components. I will probably order something this weekend. The amp i am running can be run in 2 or 4 channel mode. The amp is non bridgeable. In 2 channel it puts out 45w rms. The more i listen to it, i can definitely tell a difference. I ended up turning my mid down, and it really helped with the volume turned up. I’m not sure which components to get. I dislike overly bright tweeters. Do yall have any suggestions? Also, do ya’ll know where the crossovers for the OEM tweeters are located? I am assuming that they have an inline crossover somewhere. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2019, 07:34 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Undl8r.... PM with VIN sent. Thanks for your assistance! You

Old 02-11-2019, 09:37 PM
undl8r
Senior User
I believe I found the Forscan setting to change your speakers to front and rear.
I will try it out on my truck tomorrow, as it seems they aren't dependent on which Sync system you have.

In ACM module -> Line 727-01-01 (first line) -> Change your current value (5A31 0800 00C3) to new value 5A01 0800 00C3 [I believe it is just one number change). 3 specifies front only using internal Amp and 0 specifies F/R internal amp. If you want variable line/level front and rear then you use a 5 -> 5A51 0800 00C3. Note the third set of numbers are a checksum and just leave them alone, Forscan will figure out the proper value.

You also have EQ settings in Line 727-01-02. Currently you are on EQ setting 2, crew cabs come with setting 6, and setting 0 is no EQ (up to 9 settings).
You can adjust your EQ setting -> 727-01-02 -> 0200 0000 0033 -> change bold (2) to any number 0-9. I would start with 0 or 6.

I will check these in the AM on my truck to make sure they work. There is one other line item that I am not sure of and is different between RC and CC, 727-03-01 and can find no description. Worst case you can enter the value I have for a CC - F/R speakers if the other changes don't work, but i think the first change will do it.

There also seem to be turn on commands for an external sub line.

Quick Reply: Car audio guys