2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Car audio guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by skyak
Just SE of I-10 & BW8
Cool! Are the changes to my acm and apim something you are comfortable with? I would be more than happy to pay you for your time. I Have 0 weekend freedom for the next two weeks. Is it cool if i contact you here in a couple of weeks to check your availability? Thank you very much for the offer to assist me. I really appreciate it!

Old 02-22-2019, 09:23 PM
skyak
Tuned
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Imadentguy
Cool! Are the changes to my acm and apim something you are comfortable with? I would be more than happy to pay you for your time. I Have 0 weekend freedom for the next two weeks. Is it cool if i contact you here in a couple of weeks to check your availability? Thank you very much for the offer to assist me. I really appreciate it!
The changes noted above seem pretty straightforward. Just send me a PM a day or two before you want to swing by. No payment required or accepted.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:28 PM
undl8r
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Imadentguy

Dude thats crazy! I cant remember all of the above.....Have you run speaker level straight to your amp? Cant remember if you have tried that rout. Thats disheartening if the dayton showed up ready for the landfill....
i've run every combination to DSP and amp. Amp is fine (LL or speaker) - when DSP wouldn't put out I unplugged in input and sent it directly to the amp, worked fine. I think i am cursed. One other thing that leads me to believe it's truly messed up was the remote wouldn't hold a preset, kept resorting to preset 0, which doesn't exist in the App. Dayton said it shouldn't do that.

i posted a note to skyak about your settings. don't forget to write down the original values in the rare case it doesn't take. they are also in the post.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by undl8r
i've run every combination to DSP and amp. Amp is fine (LL or speaker) - when DSP wouldn't put out I unplugged in input and sent it directly to the amp, worked fine. I think i am cursed. One other thing that leads me to believe it's truly messed up was the remote wouldn't hold a preset, kept resorting to preset 0, which doesn't exist in the App. Dayton said it shouldn't do that.

i posted a note to skyak about your settings. don't forget to write down the original values in the rare case it doesn't take. they are also in the post.
Cool man, thanks again for helping me with this. Sounds like you have had a run of bad luck. Please make sure you update after receiving the new DSP.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:58 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Originally Posted by skyak
The changes noted above seem pretty straightforward. Just send me a PM a day or two before you want to swing by. No payment required or accepted.
Hey thanks man i really do appreciate it. I’ll contact you week after next so we can set up a time.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:01 PM
undl8r
Senior User
good luck. are you going to LL or speaker? one other thing, after ACM and APIM changes are made boot up will probably take longer - mine gave a blank screen for 20 seconds or so.

what was even worse about the DSP was i was installing and trying to trouble shoot in a freaking snow storm with 30mph winds. futility.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:24 PM
Imadentguy
Elder User
Thanks for the heads up. Im just going to do speaker level for now. Im ordering components tonight, and I have two low wattage 6.5” subs i am going to run off of the two rear channels for the time being. After hail season im going to get a dsp and switch to line level, add new amps and a 10” etc. im just strapped for toy money right now and trying to get something together before i hit the road. I lol’ed when i read about you installing in a driving snow storm. Your a man after myself. When i get new toys i wanna’ play with em’! I was installing the camburg long travel on my old ranger as hurricane ike was coming in. I was torquing my lug nuts as power transformers were exploding and trashcans were blowing down the street at 50 mph..... it was stupid, but i got it done!

Old 02-23-2019, 09:09 PM
MunneY
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So I went to the car stereo place I've used since i was in highschool today to get a sub put in my 18 XLT with Nav. He'd already ordered me the JL 8' W3v3 Amplified box and it was in. I got out the door at 670$ install with a base **** so I can turn it completely off if I want. We put it behind the 60 side of the bench. I was going to put it in between the 2 post screws but after talking with the install we mounted it sitting over the one sitting towards middle of the truck. It still allows the seat to close properly and it also allows me to access my under seat storage, but only to about a 60 degree angle. No fold flat for me. This wasn't an issue consider my 3 year olds car seat sits there anyways. I'm VERY impressed with the power of the little unit. Its a far cry from some of the outlandish systems I had when I was younger, but it definitely gives me that full soundd I've been wanting.

I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow

Old 02-23-2019, 09:14 PM
skyak
Tuned
Originally Posted by MunneY
So I went to the car stereo place I've used since i was in highschool today to get a sub put in my 18 XLT with Nav. He'd already ordered me the JL 8' W3v3 Amplified box and it was in. I got out the door at 670$ install with a base **** so I can turn it completely off if I want. We put it behind the 60 side of the bench. I was going to put it in between the 2 post screws but after talking with the install we mounted it sitting over the one sitting towards middle of the truck. It still allows the seat to close properly and it also allows me to access my under seat storage, but only to about a 60 degree angle. No fold flat for me. This wasn't an issue consider my 3 year olds car seat sits there anyways. I'm VERY impressed with the power of the little unit. Its a far cry from some of the outlandish systems I had when I was younger, but it definitely gives me that full soundd I've been wanting.

Seems like a good deal. Look forward to seeing pics!

Old 02-23-2019, 09:49 PM
undl8r
Senior User

In my last F250 I had a Nakamichi 1000W (claimed) self power sub and it would send a shock wave through the cab. constantly overheated when it was above 80F. Was able to fold seats up. Now, I have a slimline Pioneer 10" and getting seats to up position is a problem.

Love the idea of putting a toddler in front of a sub. Anytime they get fidgety just turn the bass *** up.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:18 AM
Spooledsrt
Tuned
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

looking forward to the pictures

Old 02-24-2019, 12:35 PM
MunneY
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay. So I got you guys some pictures. The place we mounted it actually "crushed" the speaker grill a bit, but it doesnt hurt function at all. The sub is actually mounted to the back wall as well with a small L bracket.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:49 PM
undl8r
Senior User
that's pretty slick and clean. if you do decided you want a little more space back there LMI sells offset mounting hardware for the rear.

LMI Welding Quality Metal Fabrication

Old 02-25-2019, 01:28 PM
skyak
Tuned
Okay. So I got you guys some pictures. The place we mounted it actually "crushed" the speaker grill a bit, but it doesnt hurt function at all. The sub is actually mounted to the back wall as well with a small L bracket.

Awesome. I want this.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:52 PM
skyak
Tuned
Is there any reason you couldn't just take the screen cover off the sub?

Quick Reply: Car audio guys