Notices
Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Purchase Advice

Old 01-16-2019, 10:01 PM
Ducatti20
New User
Ducatti20 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Suspension Purchase Advice

Hello all,
I have a 2000 F250 that the previous owner put a 6 inch lift on. This is strictly a tow rig for me, so I am returning the truck to stock ride height (I know exactly what I need).

What I'm looking for from you good folks is vendor recommendations to purchase from. I have priced out Tasca, Ford and RockAuto but figured there would be a few recommended places from the forum folks. And if there is a preferred Vendor who sponsors the forums I'll make sure they get a good look before I go elsewhere.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:27 PM
mark a.
Post Fiend
mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.mark a. has a great reputation on FTE.
If your going back to stock then why not shop the local wrecking yards for all the parts ?

Old 01-24-2019, 11:25 PM
Fifty150
Elder User
Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.Fifty150 has a good reputation on FTE.
Search all of the part numbers individually. You will find that there is not 1 vendor, who has the best price on everything. I buy parts from a lot of different sources, depending on pricing and availability. Amazon, Summit Racing, 4wheelparts.com, American Muscle, Jeggs........tons of resellers out there.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:33 PM
andym
Post Fiend
andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
You're going to pay a premium for new, OEM-quality parts like the ones you're looking at. I would go to the junkyard or pick-n-pull to get what you need. Or, if you have the space, time and inclination, buy a salvage truck, scavenge what you need, and part the rest out. You may even break even or make a little.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Ducatti20
New User
Ducatti20 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks all... I ended up buying all new and am at less than $600 out of pocket by shopping around. All parts have arrived and I am dropping it back down to stock height this week.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 PM
andym
Post Fiend
andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
Mind sharing your sources and list of what you're planning on replacing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.