Slim powered sub under back seat...anyone have one? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Slim powered sub under back seat...anyone have one?

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Slim powered sub under back seat...anyone have one?

Old 01-19-2019, 11:22 AM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.
Why does it have a speaker input setup if a LOC is needed?

Old 01-19-2019, 11:41 AM
don123
Elder User
don123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
On mine there’s no way to tie into the powered sub unless you plug into it with rca plugs so you need the converter to go from speaker wires to rca plugs.

Old 01-19-2019, 02:58 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.DieselBeast01 has a good reputation on FTE.
I see, maybe they have changed something, cause the one on crutchfield says it has speaker input.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8P...ce-B-8PTD.html

How do you like yours. Soundwise is it a worthy investment. I was going to do a full system in this truck, but i am a little to old to bump down the highway, and I just don't drive it enough to justify an espensive system. I would like for it to have some more lows though.

Old 01-19-2019, 03:51 PM
don123
Elder User
You sound like me. I to wanted to rip all the stock components out but decided to save some cash. I listen to rock so a little more bottom end seems to compliment the stock system fairly well. If you like big thumping bass this won’t do that but I’m happy with this setup. At least for now. As to the wiring there are some pin like ports on the back of mine. Maybe with the right adapter you could hook speaker wires there. I had an old LOC from my last truck and just used that.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:28 PM
john hardy
Senior User
john hardy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ive had one of these for over 3 years and it still works great. Nice having the adjustable bass cause some songs have more bass than others. Obviously if you have a factory subwoofer you don't need this. When I wired mine I needed a LOC because there was no way to hook speaker wires to the unit without RCA jacks. Maybe they changed that? I highly recommend this amp. Unless you listen to rap then you'll probably want 2 10's and a big amp.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:46 AM
CollinsCD
Post Fiend
CollinsCD has a great reputation on FTE.CollinsCD has a great reputation on FTE.CollinsCD has a great reputation on FTE.CollinsCD has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by john hardy View Post
Ive had one of these for over 3 years and it still works great. Nice having the adjustable bass cause some songs have more bass than others. Obviously if you have a factory subwoofer you don't need this. When I wired mine I needed a LOC because there was no way to hook speaker wires to the unit without RCA jacks. Maybe they changed that? I highly recommend this amp. Unless you listen to rap then you'll probably want 2 10's and a big amp.
Nice to know after 3 years it still works great and I'm guessing you still like the unit.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:49 AM
CollinsCD
Post Fiend
CollinsCD has a great reputation on FTE.CollinsCD has a great reputation on FTE.CollinsCD has a great reputation on FTE.CollinsCD has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by don123 View Post
You need a loc. My pac converter has 4 wires to splice to both rear speakers. Then run rca cables from the converter to the sub.
Did you wire to the rear speakers from under the dash or from the back? I want to add amp to my stock unit but wondering the best way to tie into the rear speakers.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:59 PM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
yeah, I want to know this as well, if I go with and LOC, I will probably integrate it behind the dash and run RCA cables to the amp. If not, I would like to splice in to the wiring harness near the speakers.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:38 PM
don123
Elder User
I wired right from the back close to the rear speakers,tapped into both the left and right rear speakers. I think I found the color codes for the wires on this site to get the polarity correct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.