Power windows - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Power windows

Old 01-14-2019, 08:20 AM
66ordie
Senior User
66ordie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power windows

Good morning, Iím getting ready to convert the windows to power in my 66 and figured I would ask if there are any folks who have done this already and if they have suggestions/recommendations on products. Iím currently looking at the kits offered through Summit Racing made by Electric Life. This forum has guided me in the right direction during the entire restoration process so prior to making changes I always come to the forum for suggestions.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:05 AM
AZSCAWPION
Senior User
AZSCAWPION is starting off with a positive reputation.
I remember reading about someone that modified the existing regulator to accept a gm window motor (I think early Saturn maybe). It was a matter of replacing the manual crank shaft/components with the motor and only minimal mods to the regulator. Simple and cheap IMO. If I ever get around to doing mine, that's the route I would take. My plan would also be to use the stock crank handle as the switch, since it would look original, although I never got far enough to figure that part out.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:18 AM
TA455HO
Postmaster
TA455HO has a good reputation on FTE.TA455HO has a good reputation on FTE.TA455HO has a good reputation on FTE.
Here's the link to one such conversion using the Saturn motors, although Electric Life is mentioned a couple of times, too.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...e-harness.html

Chad

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.