Thoughts on Navistar grey paint - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Thoughts on Navistar grey paint

Old 01-13-2019, 06:33 PM
Dave042
Senior User
Dave042 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thoughts on Navistar grey paint

Does anyone know the paint code for Navistar grey? I could not find it anywhere online, and since I'm sort of a purist when it comes to IDI restorations, I would rather go with the factory Navistar grey on the engine rather than black, blue, silver etc. One of the bolts on the ip cover has good paint on it still, so I could just take that into NAPA and have them match it, but would rather take the easy route and give them the paint code. Second question, should I get high temp. paint or is non-high temp ok? I will be painting the valve covers and the fuel filter bracket, but nothing that gets too hot like the cylinder head.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:08 PM
Leroy Unlisted
Elder User
Leroy Unlisted is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Regular temp MTK would be just fine, I have also searched the web for the number and haven't been able to find it.

If you clean a spot well on the valve cover they should be able to get a good read of it.

I am also a purist, and if repainting my motor I would get it color matched, please reply if you do find the proper number.

If all else fails - Ppg 30039 / battleship grey, will get you grey, darker, but add white to taste.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:48 AM
Dave042
Senior User
Dave042 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll bring that bolt in to them and they should be able to match it from there, I'll go ahead and post the code when I get the paint. Would make a good tech. sticky post I think for future references.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.