Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Electrical Systems/Wiring
Reload this Page >

Reverse/brake light on dim truck off/locked

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 09:39 PM
Slapshottr
New User
Slapshottr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

I have a 2014 F550 flatbed. Two weeks ago reverse lights were on bright when truck was off and locked. Unlocked and started truck put it in reverse then drive (D) moved it 2 feet and problem fixed. This did not happen again and figured it was something to do with reverse. Today turned truck off locked it and reverse and brake lights came on very dim. Unlock started truck turned headlights on and all rear lights brake and reverse are out. Turn headlight switch off with truck running and brake light and reverse on dim. No electrical work done to truck as far as wiring goes. One month ago put a battery in truck everything working fine. Only work done on truck.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Franklin2
Franklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant future
First thing to check is the wiring to the rear lights. Being it is a flatbed, I am going to assume the rear lights were not wired at the factory, but wired by the body builder (whoever put the flatbed on it). I would check their wiring and their splices, and check for the ground and make sure it's not corroded.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:53 AM
alloro
Post Fiend
alloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud ofalloro has much to be proud of
Check your battery to body to engine block grounds to make sure they're all clean and tight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.