Notices
2015+ F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unable to drive my truck for months....

Old 01-11-2019, 04:09 PM
ck80
New User
ck80 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unable to drive my truck for months....

I'm throwing out a blind "wits end" sort of post here in the off chance either someone has a better idea. I know on other forums in the past I would see a Ford rep chiming in when customer service or quality issues would come up, able to escalate things or step in and help with a problem.

Well, I bought my new F150 back in September. Since then the dealership (nameless) located just over the Tennessee/ Georgia border has been incompetent to an unheard of level. I paid cash on my truck, in full, no trade. EVERY SINGLE TIME they keep sending in the paperwork for the tag and title they mess it up - put in wrong counties, wrong city/street addresses, you name it.

Today, after having my truck sitting parked, unusable, and paying insurance on it since the last temp tag expired (they refuse to re-issue or extend this either) for months, last Friday I was told correct paperwork would be overnighted on Monday or Tuesday of this week, BUT, that I am SOMEHOW responsible for the penalties and interest the state would charge to issue things, and that I needed to go in person to pay any fines and pick up a plate. (this is ridiculous enough, never mind the backstory of the last few months)

So, after taking the time out to go stand in line, plead with the woman at the window to help me solve this problem and get a usable truck she goes to the back and comes back...... emptyhanded. They sent the MSO/Application/check/etc back to the dealer AGAIN as it was filled out incorrectly, including not even having my correct address in it even though they have my license.

I called the generic FoMoCo customer service line and the gentleman there was very nice, even if he really couldn't do or offer anything other than send a message to someone at the dealership (which has not worked for me thus far.) Does anyone know a way to get in touch with a regional factory employed service rep that might be able to help me figure something out here? Is there anyone on the forum that works for Ford that might be able to help? Or anyone have any ideas?

I've got a 5000 pound hunk of yard art/scrap metal here, albeit pretty, that I cant get a title or registration on, and a dealership that wont even let me proofread a copy of the application before sending let alone just send me back my fund with the MSO/lien release paperwork to apply for things in person on my own.... I've been waiting since September 8th... I'd think that's more than past time. The insult added to injury is that I am somehow responsible for fees incurred because of/after their mistakes

Old 01-11-2019, 04:19 PM
85e150six4mtod
85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
Old 01-11-2019, 04:27 PM
ck80
New User
ck80 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 85e150six4mtod View Post
That's basically what I did, via the phone option. The problem is, the way that avenue is set up to address the problem is they create a "case number" and then a description of the problem/issue gets sent to the local dealership the truck came from - A.K.A. the guys who are the whole problem to begin with. At least that is what the representative on the phone said and described doing.

Afterthought:
Also, your username reminds me of the first ford I rode in that was around from... oh, around 1988 through 2002 - a dark blue f150 rclb, 300-6, 4spd with granny, 4x4. lots of paint peel, lots of time spray bombing it, but racked up tons of miles too...

Last edited by ck80; 01-11-2019 at 04:30 PM. Reason: afterthought
Old 01-11-2019, 04:32 PM
85e150six4mtod
85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
Did you tell them your results?

Dealerships that foul up DMV paperwork get attention not just from Ford but the state DMV. You might try that, and you might try a lawyer, since you might need legal advice and that is not dispensed here.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:01 PM
yellowboy
Senior User
yellowboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
What is the name of the dealer ? Others need to know this to stay away from those clowns .

Old 01-11-2019, 06:43 PM
Kingofwylietx
Elder User
Kingofwylietx has a good reputation on FTE.Kingofwylietx has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by yellowboy View Post
What is the name of the dealer ? Others need to know this to stay away from those clowns .
Agreed.

OP, you should get in touch with management at the dealership to explain your situation. It might take a higher level person to get past the incompetence you are encountering. Also, reach out to your local DMV and speak to a manager there, to discuss the issues....they may be able to help navigate through this even with an incompetent dealership.

Hopefully, between those two managers, this can be handled swiftly and avoid penalties to yourself. Good luck!

Old 01-11-2019, 06:44 PM
IndyDog
Senior User
IndyDog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Request a meeting with the owner.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Tedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputationTedster9 has a superb reputation
Hit 'em from more than one direction. In addition to the above, since you're at least partly dealing with state government, call your state representative's office? Maybe they can help light a fire under that dealer's ***.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:32 PM
FORD COASTIE
Posting Guru
FORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to beholdFORD COASTIE is a splendid one to behold
Can you get the dealer to write a check to refund you for all the registration fees, tax, and title fees they collected? You could then go to the DMV, pay the fees, fill out the application there and get your registration. I know you can do that in Louisiana if you prefer to handle it yourself, rather than having the dealership do it.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:18 PM
JKBrad
Postmaster
JKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to allJKBrad is a name known to all
How many miles did it have when you bought it? It may have been titled already.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:37 AM
brokenleg
Posting Guru
brokenleg has a good reputation on FTE.brokenleg has a good reputation on FTE.brokenleg has a good reputation on FTE.
I wouldnt have put up with this for any longer than 30 days. I bought my truck at another state, and with the papers I had, I went to the DMV, and the truck got titled to my state, and I got my tags. No problems. I think you either need to go to your DMV, or get a lawyer, ......

Old 01-12-2019, 10:36 AM
jr105
Senior User
jr105 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If this happened to me I would have filed complaints with every consumer protection agency, such as the Better Business Bureau etc, that I could find. I also would have gotten the state Atty General's consumer protection division involved. If that failed, a lawyer would have been my next stop talking about possible damages. Local tv stations sometimes have a reporter that deals with consumer issues. Maybe a little bad publicity would get results.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:53 AM
GlueGuy
Postmaster
GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.GlueGuy has a great reputation on FTE.
If it had happened to me, I would have walked over to the dealer and wrote the documents myself.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:58 AM
idrive
New User
idrive is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not knowing the "back story" makes it a little more difficult in providing the correct procedure to solve this situation.

IMO this is 100% on the dealer, not Ford. A call and or visit to the dealer's GM is the best way to handle this.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:13 AM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User
ExtremeDuty is starting off with a positive reputation.
County Attorney.. you might be surprised.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: