Ford Escape - jerks/bucks once each time accelerating - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Reload this Page >

Ford Escape - jerks/bucks once each time accelerating

Notices
Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Old 01-10-2019, 10:47 PM
bltyler1
New User
bltyler1 is starting off with a positive reputation.

After being at a complete stop, and then begin accelerating, my 2009 Ford Escape does a hard jerk or buck, then is okay when I maintain speed. If I accelerate obnoxiously slow, it usual wont do this, otherwise itís a regular occurrence.

Initially, the check engine light would come on intermittently. After my car also ended up completely dieing right after I braked at a traffic light oddly, I took it in to the dealership. The engine light wasnít on, and they couldnít get any codes. However, they told me my problem pointed to the throttle body, and several years ago ford issued an extended warranty on the throttle body in lieu of a recall.So they replaced it.

The vehicle was symptom free the first few days after the repair, but then it went back to the same issue when I accelerate, however the check engine light hasnít come back on at all since being worked on. Because of this, Iím afraud this is going to turn into a guessing game with the dealership and I was curious if anyone has had the same issue, and how it was resolved.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:19 AM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745
khadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant future
Could be a possible air leak after air intake sensor. Too much air at idle. You should take it to a shop and have them test for air leaks.

Possible leaking gaskets or hose. This does not always initiate a code or check engine light.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.