Weathertech 3D floor mats - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Weathertech 3D floor mats

Old 01-10-2019, 10:47 PM
jjac81
New User
jjac81 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Weathertech 3D floor mats

I won't lie, I'm a big fan of Weathertech products and it looks like they have been seeing Husky taking some market share and did something about it... they have introduced "3D" floor mats. Not out for our trucks yet but I'm sure it is a matter of time. I think they look pretty sharp and take care of some of the current digital fit short comings.

https://www.weathertech.com/ford/201...3d-floor-mats/

Old 01-10-2019, 11:29 PM
kendall69
Senior User
kendall69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by jjac81 View Post
I won't lie, I'm a big fan of Weathertech products and it looks like they have been seeing Husky taking some market share and did something about it... they have introduced "3D" floor mats. Not out for our trucks yet but I'm sure it is a matter of time. I think they look pretty sharp and take care of some of the current digital fit short comings.

https://www.weathertech.com/ford/201...3d-floor-mats/
I just put a full set on mine they are amazing

Old 01-11-2019, 06:22 AM
JeepPuller
Posting Guru
JeepPuller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I ran them in my 2011 and also in my 2017. They fit great and I like the material much better than Husky. Husky almost pulled me in with their KR color ones, but I just cannot get over the 'feel' of the Husky mats.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:55 AM
smokewagun
Elder User
smokewagun is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.smokewagun is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by JeepPuller View Post
I ran them in my 2011 and also in my 2017. They fit great and I like the material much better than Husky. Husky almost pulled me in with their KR color ones, but I just cannot get over the 'feel' of the Husky mats.
The WT feel like hard plastic, and hold no water. Everything runs out to the sill and in the wire chase. After a messy winter, my trucks looked like crap inside. Husky solved that problem, I might consider the new WT 3D someday, but for now, WT is just a plastic liner... no real holder of melted snow.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:58 AM
JeepPuller
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post

The WT feel like hard plastic, and hold no water. Everything runs out to the sill and in the wire chase. After a messy winter, my trucks looked like crap inside. Husky solved that problem, I might consider the new WT 3D someday, but for now, WT is just a plastic liner... no real holder of melted snow.
No comparison to the Digital-fit (3d) WT liners. Not a hard plastic at all. But, to each his own; everyone has different feelings on the matter and there are plenty of choices out there for sure.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:07 AM
smokewagun
Elder User
smokewagun is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.smokewagun is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by JeepPuller View Post
No comparison to the Digital-fit (3d) WT liners. Not a hard plastic at all. But, to each his own; everyone has different feelings on the matter and there are plenty of choices out there for sure.
Agreed. Do you have the new 3D? Iím going to keep my eye open. They donít look industrial like the Husky and are more appealing to the eye.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:19 AM
Rockinfigs
Senior User
Rockinfigs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah agree the WT didnt hold crap for water..i switched to Husky and its night and day difference..Dont know about the 3D WT though

Old 01-11-2019, 08:39 AM
catrasca
Senior User
catrasca is starting off with a positive reputation.
They have available what they call ďlaser measuredĒ mats for our SDs. At least for my configuration: crewcab, carpet floors, bucket seats, cargo under rear seat and no floor shifter. $200.

They look like they would hold a lot of snowmelt and all kind of crap. I got the Ford all-weather mats but after seeing these, I should have skipped that option and just get WTs.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:03 AM
Beast2.0
Junior User
Beast2.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by catrasca View Post
They have available what they call “laser measured” mats for our SDs. At least for my configuration: crewcab, carpet floors, bucket seats, cargo under rear seat and no floor shifter. $200.

They look like they would hold a lot of snowmelt and all kind of crap. I got the Ford all-weather mats but after seeing these, I should have skipped that option and just get WTs.
I have these in my SD and have used them in my past 5-6 vehicles. They do keep water and salt from getting to the carpet. Water will stay in the mat and if it did get deep enough, it runs over the sill to the door jamb. Good product.

Last edited by Beast2.0; 01-11-2019 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-11-2019, 09:19 AM
JeepPuller
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post

Agreed. Do you have the new 3D? Iím going to keep my eye open. They donít look industrial like the Husky and are more appealing to the eye.
Yup, those are the ones I have. I really like how much crap they hold. I have both front and rear.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:35 AM
Pioneer1
Senior User
Pioneer1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I got my 2017, I put in the weathertech. From day one, they had huge-1"plus-gaps where they met the seats and smaller gaps most other places. I also hated the plastic feel. Family got me husky for Christmas. About 75% better. Gaps are gone but they also have somewhat of a plastic feel.

Old 01-11-2019, 02:27 PM
KCRebel
Senior User
KCRebel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Guys I used to think Husky floor liners were awesome because they held water and mud off my floors too. I never appreciated the draining out the door sills of the WT until I moved to Michigan and spent a day in heavy snow. Next day when I went to get in my truck the mat was a solid sheet of ice where the snow had melted, mat held it in place for it to freeze like a glacier. It was a ******* to clean up too. The ice kept the mat from flexing to remove it so I had to break it into chunks to get it out. Ordered the WT later that day and have never looked back. I won't own another set that doesn't drain even though I hope to never have to live in the frozen tundra again. The mats that dry are much cleaner in the long run for obvious reasons.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:22 PM
amorrow02
New User
amorrow02 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Agreed on the fact they don't collect water is a plus.

I also consider the more rigid material a plus. When I bought my first WT floorliners for my old 2011, I initially thought they felt thin and cheap. I was expecting thicker, more pliable rubber. But after using them I realized I much preferred that style, as they retain their shape over time and don't divot/compress the carpet and padding underneath. Generally my vehicles show wear underneath the mats after a few years, but my 2011 carpet looked nearly new when I sold it. Maybe it's my driving style by getting so much wear under my right heel, but the WT sure helps the situation.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:45 PM
RandyinTN
Senior User
RandyinTN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stopped using WT mats. Material is hard, they donít hold any water, and they are difficult to clean if you get any type of dirt heavy with red clay on them.
I went to Husky X Acts and not going back

Old 01-11-2019, 09:26 PM
blueiron
Senior User
blueiron is starting off with a positive reputation.
I enjoy my Weather-Tech liners. They work well for my needs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.