Matching Connecting Rods - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

Matching Connecting Rods

Old 01-10-2019, 10:46 PM
Otterby
New User
Otterby is starting off with a positive reputation.
Matching Connecting Rods

Iíve pulled two engines apart now and each one has a mixture of different connecting rods. They all look identical except for whatís stamped on them. Some have Ford stamps, some say made in Canada, some are stamped Atlas. There are 4 or 5 differently stamped rods. However, all of them have EBU stamped into them somewhere. All of the rods are in good shape and Iíd like to avoid buying another set if I can. Am I ok just taking one of the sets to the machinest to get matched for weight or should I be looking for a matching set?

Old 01-11-2019, 04:23 PM
charliemccraney
Posting Guru
charliemccraney is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.charliemccraney is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If they are all marked EBU, then they should be more or less the same. Take them to the machine shop and get their recommendation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.