07 F-150 one issue after another now I'm stumped - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Reload this Page >

07 F-150 one issue after another now I'm stumped

Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

07 F-150 one issue after another now I'm stumped

Old 01-13-2019, 02:27 PM
pdqford
Postmaster
pdqford has a very good reputation on FTE.pdqford has a very good reputation on FTE.pdqford has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by dyson77 View Post
it has 130,000 miles on it I just replaced the full EGR assembly and there was two plastic ports that connected t two rubber boots along with a stainless line that ran to the manifold that I replaced,
forgive me but I don't know what a DPFE is I am still learning the terminology
DPFE = Delta Pressure Feedback Egr. It monitors EGR flow. I figure if your vehicle has an EGR system it prolly has a DPFE system. But I believe at some point the variable valve timing engines eliminated the EGR system.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:31 PM
pdqford
Postmaster
pdqford has a very good reputation on FTE.pdqford has a very good reputation on FTE.pdqford has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by dyson77 View Post
I was reading some about removing the downstream o2 and then customizing the cat has anyone done this before? would it effect the performance of the truck. the upstream would still be there and that's the one that it bases the lean rich ratio correct?
No. Itís comparing the switch ratio of the upstream vs the switch ratio of the downstream sensor. If it exceeds the spec a code is thrown.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:35 PM
dyson77
New User
dyson77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by pdqford View Post

No. Itís comparing the switch ratio of the upstream vs the switch ratio of the downstream sensor. If it exceeds the spec a code is thrown.
ok and what will cause the switch error? that cat itself because I have replaced everything else .the EGR, the injectors , plugs , coils . The only thing left to my knowledge is the O2 sensors up or down and the cat

Old 01-13-2019, 09:18 PM
pdqford
Postmaster
I don’t like telling someone his CAT is bad.
That’s why I posted #13.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.