Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New key fob issues

Old 01-10-2019, 02:47 PM
oharal
Freshman User
oharal is starting off with a positive reputation.
New key fob issues

Hi FTE. I got rid of the godawful Viper alarm/keyless entry system I've been struggling with for 18 months since I got my Ex and got some el cheapo Amazon (but highly rated) key fobs like Ford fobs. They programmed no problemo. Now if the truck sits a while, the fobs don't work. If I press any button on the keypad on the door, and then press the fob buttons, everything works. Almost like I had to wake the truck up from a nap. Once I do that, they keep workign for a while. I haven't figured out how long it takes before they quit working, but I'm sure every time i press a button it resets the time. Any thoughts on this?

Old 01-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Markken
Junior User
Markken is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I never had good luck with the ones found on Amazon, 3 different ford vehicles. Some quit working after a year or two, some had to get reprogrammed every 6 months, etc.

If you are fine with messing with them, than the cheap $2-$10 ones are great.

If it is driving you nuts, it is time to visit a Ford dealer and get new factory ones.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:06 AM
oharal
Freshman User
oharal is starting off with a positive reputation.
Roger that. I was afraid it could be the el cheapo aspect...

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.