Newbie to the 6.0 and have some questions - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Newbie to the 6.0 and have some questions

Notices
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Newbie to the 6.0 and have some questions

Old 01-11-2019, 09:43 PM
gpeade
Elder User
gpeade is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:54 PM
gpeade
Elder User
Question on a system monitor...from what I am reading I can buy any Bluetooth OBDII adapter then download the torque pro or ForScan app to my phone and I知 all set? Just sounds too easy.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:56 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Definitely looks like coolant residue. It would be good to get a new degas cap, make sure the cap sealing surface was flat and smooth, and then get a pressure gauge on it. It makes the temperature readings even more important IMO. I would also investigate the coolant concentration. If it isn't 50/50, it could puke prematurely.

The blue hose is an EGR cooler hose. If it is new, it "probably" means you still have an active EGR system.

Sure would like to see a pic of the oil filter housing also.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:57 PM
bismic
Post Fiend
bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by gpeade View Post
Question on a system monitor...from what I am reading I can buy any Bluetooth OBDII adapter then download the torque pro or ForScan app to my phone and I知 all set? Just sounds too easy.

It is pretty much that easy. Some adapters don't work as well as others though. I like BAFX brand. It has been reliable for me.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:06 PM
gpeade
Elder User
I値l see if I can find a scanner locally tomorrow and if not I値l order one online. I知 gonna clean the residue off the tank and order a new cap Monday when I get to work. Once I get some numbers off the scanner I値l report back with what I have. Thanks for all the input and suggestions folks!

Old 01-11-2019, 10:57 PM
TooManyToys.
Post Fiend
TooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud ofTooManyToys. has much to be proud of
That has traces of a pressurized puke, not simple spillage. Maybe overfilled.

My motor had minor combustion leakage and I never had spillage or saw excessive pressure the brief time I had a pressure gauge on the cooling system. Part of that may have been a compromised cap that had bled off early,

I would advise early on to get a pressure gauge setup so you can see how your cooling pressure tracks. With the test being done more, members have a good feel for the pressure reaction that tells of a compromised head gasket situation, and that knowledge would be invaluable in deciding this trucks purpose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.