It's been a while, thought I"d dump some pics - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Reload this Page >

It's been a while, thought I"d dump some pics

Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 01-09-2019, 10:46 PM
Kai Herrmann
Senior User
Kai Herrmann has a good reputation on FTE.Kai Herrmann has a good reputation on FTE.

Some of you may remember my struggles with towing my trailer earlier this year, having just purchased by V10 EX, replacing a Chevy Duramax as a tow rig. A few of you led me down the right path in choosing to upgrade the axle gears to 5.13s. It pulls great now on my smaller set of tires, 32.6" tall. I recently decided to buy a second set for mild off road use and light towing; I went with some 37" Cooper STT Pros. Great tires and it drives great unloaded and pulls a car on a car trailer just fine. I wouldn't want to do pull my heavy trailer with them though which is why I'm keeping the 32.6" tires. Also added an Auburn ECTED electric locker to the front diff when doing the gear swap so it'll work well off road.
Sure does make that Tahoe look small:

the truck has been great, no issues, looking forward to getting it on some trails soon!

Old 01-10-2019, 09:37 AM
ExxWhy
Postmaster
ExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputationExxWhy has a superb reputation
No pics coming through for me.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Greenscobie86
Posting Guru
Greenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to beholdGreenscobie86 is a splendid one to behold
No pics coming through for me either. That being said its awesome that you like the v10 for towing after gearing it, the guys in this subforum know their stuff!!!

Old 01-11-2019, 06:27 PM
Kai Herrmann
Senior User
Kai Herrmann has a good reputation on FTE.Kai Herrmann has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Greenscobie86 View Post
No pics coming through for me either. That being said its awesome that you like the v10 for towing after gearing it, the guys in this subforum know their stuff!!!
PIcs are up now. Without the gears I would have sold it and been forced to buy a diesel.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:05 PM
PrescottIce
Senior User
PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.PrescottIce has a good reputation on FTE.
Stunning looking truck, man. Kudos on a great build.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:15 PM
Kai Herrmann
Senior User
Originally Posted by PrescottIce View Post
Stunning looking truck, man. Kudos on a great build.
Thanks! Still a little more to go but it's all the little things so it'll take a while.

Old 01-17-2019, 01:47 PM
seijirou
Posting Guru
seijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to beholdseijirou is a splendid one to behold
Looks good! I wish they made those headlights with a single projector or double projectors. I would be all over them.

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Looking great, I really love that BLUE!
I knew that you would like those deep gears.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.