2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Optima Battery Worth It

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:23 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Are you saying I'm nobody??? LOL!
Well no, but give up the goods .. Who sells batts online for less than arm & leg??

Old 01-10-2019, 11:18 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,690 Likes on 2,749 Posts
Free shipping with Amazon Prime. Or, check out West Coast Batteries. I have bought stuff from them before.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:41 PM
sreddin1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I have a 2003 superduty with the 7.3. I put 2 new red top optima batteries in two years ago. I had been through 4 sets of batteries of different types since it was new before the Optimas. I LOVE these batteries. My truck sits for long periods as it is not my everyday driver any more. I did find two things that were draining power, my brake controller, and my radio. I take the brake controller out and keep it in the console now, and the radio is an aftermarket one which does not turn off with the key like I thought it did. I have to turn it off with the power button and then turn the key off.

Also, these batteries have both top and side terminals for both positive and negative. I added two new negative cables to the side connection points. One, I connected to the motor and the other to the body. No problems ever getting it started. Great batteries. Well worth the money.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:50 PM
sreddin1
New User
What is a PSD?

Old 01-11-2019, 12:41 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by sreddin1
What is a PSD?
Around here that would be PowerStroke Diesel.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:09 AM
JeepPuller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Free shipping with Amazon Prime. Or, check out West Coast Batteries. I have bought stuff from them before.
I discovered this too and was surprised when I did. I've purchased two batteries this way since I discovered it.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:21 AM
Rwash
New User
Most online retailers negotiate substantial discounts on shipping rates with the major carriers. Many agree to only use one carrier or limit the use of alternate carriers. These discounts can be 50-70% off the published rates. They can then pass on the savings to the consumer with lower prices or charge us the full published rate (easy built in profit).

Old 01-11-2019, 06:15 AM
BillyE
Fleet Mechanic
Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts
Even if it was free, I don’t want UPS (or worse, FedEx) delivering my battery. It would get beaten to hell and I’d likely end up with a hazmat incident on my porch.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:58 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyE
Even if it was free, I don’t want UPS (or worse, FedEx) delivering my battery. It would get beaten to hell and I’d likely end up with a hazmat incident on my porch.
No electrolyte to spill really. They only ship AGM (I think) to get around HazMat fees. Plus, how do you think those batts get to your friendly auto parts store in the first place?

The AMazon prime looks promising. Normally shipping is a killer.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:00 AM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyE
I agree with this. Especially FedEx. Anything I get from them looks like it went through a war zone.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:02 AM
h20camper
Logistics Pro
Received 273 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by Tedster9
how do you think those batts get to your friendly auto parts store in the first place?
I don't think via UPS or FedEx. I believe via LTL truck.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:09 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 238 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Busa 1 Dave
Well data is data and have been in this part of the industry in our business for over 32 years now. Sorry and accept my apology for the incorrect assumptions but this is the one well need 2 that will go in my 2018 this spring. For me cost is irrelevant because of where I have to go and the hours I am on the road or at the very rural area or our ranch. Temperatures for me there vary from single digits to 120 with 70mph winds in far SE NM and in rough conditions so I cannot afford a shorted out cell due to acid stratification, sulfation issues.
Here is a link to another 930 CCA AGM for our trucks. https://www.impactbattery.com/nsb-agm65.html

NorthStar NSB-AGM65 Group 65 AGM Battery

Move your mouse over image or click to enlarge

.zoomWindowContainer div{border:1px solid #999;cursor:zoom-in !important}.padder.top_align{top:10px}#product-options-wrapper .amconf-label{display:none}
NorthStar NSB-AGM65 Group 65 AGM Battery
1 Reviews0 Questions | Write a review

Quick Overview
NSB-AGM65 Thin Plate AGM Battery 930CA, 135RC, 69AH

• Availability

In Stock
  • Product Brand

NorthStar
  • Model Number

NSB-AGM65
  • Voltage (V)

• Cold Crank Amps (CCA)

• Capacity (Ah)

• Warranty

4 Year

Quantity

Price : $319.95
ADD TO CART

#product_just_stars{background:rgba(0,0,0,0) url("http://cdn.impactbattery.com/images/xstarsBattery.png.pagespeed.ic.4Db4U4PB3v.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0;margin:8px 0;padding:0 0 0 8px;width:auto}#product_just_stars .off{display:inline-block !important}#product_just_stars .on,#product_just_stars .off,#product_just_stars .half{background-size:14px auto;height:14px;width:14px;margin:7px 0 10px 0}.ind_cnt{display:inline-block;font-size:11px;text-align:left;width:auto;height:14px;margin-left:32px}.ind_cnt a{display:inline-block;float:left;margin-top:-12px}

Comes with standard SAE auto post with positive on the right and meets exact BCI Group 65 requirements.

The NSB-AGM-65 group 65 battery is designed to reduce your overall cost of ownership by delivering superior starting performance and exceptional deep cycle capabilities. Manufactured from 99.997% pure lead in state-of-the-art facilities found in the middle of the country, North Star batteries are like no other. It was no accident in the naming of this exceptional company and it is no accident they are located in the Show Me State. When you have something this great to share you need to be at the center of the battery universe.

The thin plate technology enables this group 65 battery to produce high amp hour capacity, reserve capacity, and cranking power! It is found in most all of the Ford E series vans, Dodge Ram trucks, some of the Dodge Dakota and Durango, and Chrysler Aspen SUV.
Product Specification HighlightsCOLD CRANKING AMPS (CCA) :: 930 CCAPowering your E-350, Ram 2500 and Dakota to name a few; NorthStar leads the way.RESERVE CAPACITY (RC) :: 135 Min RCNo matter what accessory you add this battery can handle it!CYCLE LIFE Depth of DischargeOver 900 cycles at 50% depth of discharge (DOD) and over 400 cycles at 80% DOD The NorthStar NSB AGM 65 pure lead AGM technology delivers such high CCA ratings and incredible reserve capacity cycling ability that this just may be the last battery you ever buy for your vehicle! It will exceed conventional battery life expectancy reducing your overall cost of ownership. Fleet operators know the cost of labor and how important it is to minimize disruption and revenue lost due to downtime. Municipalities and corporations learn quickly the savings gained from utilizing these high performance sealed AGM maintenance free batteries.
  • Proudly Made in Springfield Missouri USA
  • Shockproof High Impact Case; Extremely Vibration Resistant
  • OEM Fit Ensured - Built to Exact BCI Standards
  • Perfect For Performance and Start-Stop Technology Applications
  • Low Self Discharge Rate, Leak-Proof / Spill Proof
  • Crazy Long 48 Month Full Replacement Warranty
  • Typical Service Life 5 to 12 Years
  • Deep Cycle Marvel: Over 400 Cycles to 80% DOD
  • Starting Master: High Crank and Quick Starting Every Time
  • Faster Recharge Than Conventional Batteries
  • Pure Lead AGM Technology Delivers Exceptional Performance

All NorthStar batteries are compliant with Battery Council International standards, UL approved and UN2800 certified. NorthStar is registered to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. Approved as non-hazardous cargo for ground sea and air transport DOT 49CFR173.159(d), (i) and (ii)

Product Specs
Availability Note:In StockBrand:NorthStarModel:NSB-AGM65BCI Group Size:Group 65Capacity 20Hr (Ah):69Reserve Capacity (RC):135 minCold Cranking Amps (CCA)30Pulse Cranking Amps (PCA):1750Cranking Amps (CA):1070Voltage (V):12Chemistry:AGM - Factory SealedWarranty:4 YearPolarity:+++|---Dimensions (LxWxH - inches):11.76 x 7.32 x 7.42Dimensions (LxWxH - metric):299 x 186 x 188Weight (lb):55OEM Replacement:No

SLI65AGMDPM
4 Reviews

$ 319.99

Core Deposit: $18.00 ?
QTY

Add to Cart
  • Shipping & Pickup Options
  • Installation in Store
  • Pickup in Store
Call Southlake Store for Availability

Change Pickup Store

Type: Standard
  • 48 Month Free Replacement Warranty
  • Fully sealed, premium AGM with pure lead plates for sure starts
  • Advanced technology allows faster recharge
  • Quick connect terminals
  • Group 65 - approximate dimensions of 12" x 7.5" x 7.5"
  • 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Pickup V8 6.7L 750CCA Diesel Car and Truck battery
  • Item Number: SLI65AGMDPM
  • Brand: X2Power
  • Voltage: 12
  • Format: BCI Group 65
  • Lead Acid Type: Deep Cycle, Dual Purpose (Starting/Cycling), Starting
  • Cold Cranking Amps: 930
  • Battery Type: Ultimate
  • Capacity 20hr: 74AH
  • Chemistry: Lead Acid
  • Color: Blue Top
  • Lead Acid Design: AGM
  • Made in the USA: True
  • Product Category: Marine/RV
  • Product Sub Category: Starting Lighting And Ignition
  • Usage: RV, Sump Pump
  • Warranty: 48 Month Free Replacement
  • Weight: 51.15 lbs
  • Length: 11.76 in
  • Width: 7.32 in
  • Height: 7.42 in

Hey, that’s the exact Northstar battery I installed in my 2016 F150 last year.😎

Old 01-11-2019, 08:16 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 238 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Tedster9
Where did you find a 60 pound battery for a good price with "free shipping"? The costs of "free shipping" are rolled into the price of any product, but battery prices are fairly competitive and it's awfully tough to hide $50+ or whatever it would be.
American Muscle, which sells Mustang and F150 parts, has the Northstar battery with free shipping.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:35 AM
Redrockerstl55
Fleet Mechanic
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I am 95% positive batteries typically get delivered to retailers (or retailers nearby distribution centers) via wood pallets and wrapped and secured to protect them, 20+ at a time.

It would be helpful for those considering ordering from amazon or another online retailer to see pictures of how the batteries were packaged when delivered one or two at a time to someone’s front door. I’m guessing they are not on a wood pallet waiting for a fork lift.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:36 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
My Odyssey batteries have arrived in good shape. The packaging they put around their batteries is substantial. I've bought four so far. Two for my prior truck and two for my side-by-side.

Quick Reply: Optima Battery Worth It