North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Spring 2019 BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 07:45 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Winter crappie's...
On Lake Hickory they are deep this time of the year. We used those 10-15 ft.telescoping fiberglass crappie polls from the boat over deep brush piles.
Some of the best crappies I ever landed came in the winter.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:47 AM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy1626
Winter crappie's...
On Lake Hickory they are deep this time of the year. We used those 10-15 ft.telescoping fiberglass crappie polls from the boat over deep brush piles.
Some of the best crappies I ever landed came in the winter.
we troll for them with jig heads and pink crappie candy. Last year this time we had a couple warm days and absolutely killed them on high rock. We threw everything back under 10” and still brought home like 30. There’s no limit in size or number on high rock..

Old 02-02-2019, 09:13 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MAKO314
If the weather turns out as it’s been predicted, I’m going crappie fishing on high rock lake. I’m mechaniced out this week, that dang CAT engine is out of my Pete so I’m took this opportunity to redo the front suspension and steering.
That sounds way better than cutting up tree limbs and dragging them across the yard! We have two lakes just a few minutes from the house, and I may have to check that out this weekend.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:27 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
shes gonna be a little heart breaker for sure... and then your worries will start when she starts bringin the boys home... lol
Originally Posted by GLR
And you have to pay for the wedding...
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
...and that's when Larry realized digging a concrete bunker to keep the kid in till she was 30 was going to be way cheaper than a wedding.
Or a deep hole to throw the bodies in..... 🤷

Old 02-04-2019, 09:19 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Mornen everybody!
Well I didn't get out and get any fishing done, but I did get a lot more of the downed tree limb mess cleaned up in the back yard, and part of our tree that landed in a neighbor's back yard.
Shari and I stopped by an adoption even that was going on here in town Saturday, just to "Look" at a dog that we've been eyeballing on line. Needless to say, we brought her home. She was tossed out of a moving car on an old gravel road as our winter storm "Harper" was hitting here. Somebody seen this and took her to the rescue.
She needs some surgery on her eyelids to trim them back in order to get the hair out of her eye's. We're 99% that we're going to adopt her.
So here's Harper, getting some much needed attention.
She's a Shar Pei, pit mix, and just wants to be loved on.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Had a pretty expensive weekend. Marty will be welcome on ANY road trip I go on. I couldn't ask for a better group this weekend.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:25 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Benztechnc

Had a pretty expensive weekend. Marty will be welcome on ANY road trip I go on. I couldn't ask for a better group this weekend.
Marty's good company. He's taken trips with me to Virginia a couple of times.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:30 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
So you bought the trailer?

Old 02-04-2019, 09:41 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Shari and I bought a motor home once....once.
We named it the Titanic, and that's how it ended too. After redoing all of the plumbing that burst, we added a generator, 6 new tires we were ready to use it.
After picking up the Titanic to put our stuff in it for it's maiden voyage, the transmission emptied itself. So we put a rebuilt transmission in, used it once, sold it and only lost a few thousand dollars.
Now we don't even own our tent (I do have my tent cot still) and have gotten more into a nice cozy cabin to rent.
I do however, want another fishing boat.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:29 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You all know that I love a good road trip!

Old 02-04-2019, 05:34 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Shari and I bought a motor home once....once.
We named it the Titanic, and that's how it ended too. After redoing all of the plumbing that burst, we added a generator, 6 new tires we were ready to use it.
After picking up the Titanic to put our stuff in it for it's maiden voyage, the transmission emptied itself. So we put a rebuilt transmission in, used it once, sold it and only lost a few thousand dollars.
Now we don't even own our tent (I do have my tent cot still) and have gotten more into a nice cozy cabin to rent.
I do however, want another fishing boat.
Bob, Found the problem with your motor home!

Originally Posted by FordxFour
You all know that I love a good road trip!
Any time you are welcome to go.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:36 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 845 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Mornen everybody!
Well I didn't get out and get any fishing done, but I did get a lot more of the downed tree limb mess cleaned up in the back yard, and part of our tree that landed in a neighbor's back yard.
Shari and I stopped by an adoption even that was going on here in town Saturday, just to "Look" at a dog that we've been eyeballing on line. Needless to say, we brought her home. She was tossed out of a moving car on an old gravel road as our winter storm "Harper" was hitting here. Somebody seen this and took her to the rescue.
She needs some surgery on her eyelids to trim them back in order to get the hair out of her eye's. We're 99% that we're going to adopt her.
So here's Harper, getting some much needed attention.
She's a Shar Pei, pit mix, and just wants to be loved on.
Great that you rescued the pup. The person who threw her out should also get thrown out of a car. After castration to prevent breeding.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:39 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Nice addition to the family Bob.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Uncle Marty, I tried sending this as a PM, but it won't let me upload images to the messaging system. So, I'm hijacking the thread for a second.

I'm off on that Monday, which is why I like that weekend. Head out there on that Saturday.

I think any of the circled would be great next weekend. However, if the choice is easy to get into vs. being on the water front. Then let's go for easy to get in\out of.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:07 AM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
We'll check it out today.

Quick Reply: Spring 2019 BS thread