Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Bezel filler plate

Old 01-08-2019, 12:12 AM
jurish
New User
jurish is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dash Bezel filler plate

Does anybody know if a blank plate is available to delete the 12volt accessory plug with the little mini garage door on the dash? I am looking to roll my own plug and maybe add some switches.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:29 AM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.Sam I Am has a good reputation on FTE.
As far as I know ALL Super Duty had that power port regardless of trim level so there would be no factory cover plate. And almost universally people want to add more power ports instead of removing them. There are some USB plugs to use in that power port and combination plugs that have 1/8" headphone style input jack & USB or various other things you can use the power port for.
Or if you are handy with a Dremel and fiberglass you can make it whatever you want.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:49 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Have you had the dash out and looked at the back side of the power port area? The plate is part of the dash and only the port and garage door for it are removable.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:30 PM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
I've replaced that 12v socket with a dual-USB charger. I installed it without the silicone flip-up cover and left the garage door intact.

Very happy with it, and there's room for a couple rocker switches next to it on that bezel

Here's the link to the one I installed. No idea why adsense put the walmart link in.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by 96firephoenix; 01-11-2019 at 12:43 PM. Reason: link fixed
Old 01-10-2019, 07:58 PM
lonnyallison
New User
lonnyallison is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 96firephoenix View Post
I've replaced that 12v socket with a dual-USB charger. I installed it without the silicone flip-up cover and left the garage door intact.

Very happy with it, and there's room for a couple rocker switches next to it on that bezel
I did this exact thing today. Super easy, took about 20 mins. One thing to note, make sure you get the "Non Illuminated" as the power points are 12v hot all the time. The illuminated ones will drain your battery over time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CJW3ZRP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CJW3ZRP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 01-14-2019, 04:08 PM
96firephoenix
Senior User
96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.96firephoenix has a great reputation on FTE.
Not sure why the link that I specifically pointed to the Amazon item redirected to walmart, but I fixed it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.