Silver Spruce and other "grays." Post Pics - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Silver Spruce and other "grays." Post Pics

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 01-07-2019, 04:13 PM
dingdinglai
Freshman User
dingdinglai is starting off with a positive reputation.

Has anyone seen the new Toyota paint colors that are not matte but almost appear matte, like a chalk type of color. The ones that stand out are the blue and gray. Anyway I've been messing around on the Ford site building my truck, and the silver spruce looks like it could be this type of paint, however its hard to get a good picture of it, does anyone have a good pic in good lighting?

I think the lead foot available on the F-150 is very comparable, but why is this not available on the F-250's? That being said when I try and build a F-150 through the website there is no Lead Foot (wth?). I even tried with the different trim packages, including the Raptor which is where I saw this color in person.

There is a Ford dealership with a silver spruce in stock with lariat sport package, but its on the other side of town. I do plan to go take a look but I'm very anxious and curious to look at it now. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2019, 05:18 AM
rewillia
Senior User
rewillia is starting off with a positive reputation.
Silver Spruce

Silver Spruce is a high gloss dense metallic dark silver that some would agree has a slight green tint to it (depending upon the lighting and angle of view). I know, I just purchased a 2019 F-250 Limited with the Camelback interior and it is a stunningly beautiful color combination. I'm in the process now of scheduling the installation of rear leveling blocks to rake it evenly (or near that), application of full body ceramic coating, tinting of the front windows, and having X-Pel clear protective film installed on the full front, partial hood, front fenders, mirror, and A-pillar posts, door rocker panels and door edges. After that comes the upsizing of tires to a more aggressive AT tread pattern and size while keeping with the 20" wheels then it will be near complete.

I'm sure there a few other "bells & whistles" I'll be adding or further modifying but not too much.

I'm wanting that clean look and not interested in lifting the truck.

REWILLIA

Last edited by rewillia; 02-14-2019 at 05:21 AM. Reason: corrections/additional info
Old 02-14-2019, 05:27 AM
llmflyfisher
Senior User
llmflyfisher is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just ordered a Lariat Ultimate F250 in Silver Spruce and went to look at a truck at another dealer which was the first Silver Spruce I had seen. It was purely gorgeous.
To me it is by far the classiest color offered on the Superduties at this time. What is ceramic coating? I will have to browse that and see if it is something I need to do to this new truck as I plan on it being the last truck I ever buy so need to keep it in great shape.

Thanks for posting these images.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:08 AM
smokewagun
Posting Guru
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
I’m looking closely at colors to decide now I’ve seen several Spruce, and even one with the sport package. For the sport, for the lack of a better word, it’s just too “feminine” of a color. Kind of like having a one ton truck in light frosty blue or light rose. Just not feeling it. Nothing about willow green says “sporty”.
Now I saw a Platinum the other day in Spruce with blacked-out windows, and it looked good, but lighting seems to change the color from okay to eh easily. I’m betting the color will only last a year. Kind of a “let’s try it and see if it sticks”. From the lots here, it’s not turning out to be a big seller.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:08 AM
rewillia
Senior User
Originally Posted by llmflyfisher View Post
What is ceramic coating? I will have to browse that and see if it is something I need to do to this new truck as I plan on it being the last truck I ever buy so need to keep it in great shape.

Thanks for posting these images.
In simple terms, ceramic coating is the application of a polymer paint sealant and can cost anywhere from ~ $1200-2000 primarily due to labor associated with preparing the surface to receive the ceramic coating which is to say, cleaning, clay-barring and buffing the entire painted surface to remove all contaminants, scratches and swirl marks. The process (as I understand it) can take upwards of 30-48 hours for a full size pickup truck. (there is a curing period involved). Advertised to protect the paint from environmental contaminants and reduce the frequency of need for wax/polish applications as well as also being stated to "enhance the paint color and reflective properties" all of which may be mostly advertising "hype". I'm planning to do it but first want to speak with others that have done it and had some "run time" with the ceramic coating to gain a better appreciation for how well it does what its stated to do. Also, need to investigate the various different brands that are available.

I'm a detail oriented type of auto enthusiast, i.e. OCD, but not opposed to DIY washing, waxing and polishing my vehicles frequently only if I see evidence that the ceramic coating will serve to eliminate swirl marking then I'll likely go for it on this new truck simply due to the fact that it will be parked outdoors on a full time basis (meaning it will likely get washed more frequently, and as well, I do not use drive-thru machine car-washes on any of my/our vehicles, i.e. hand wash only).

Old 02-14-2019, 07:16 AM
llmflyfisher
Senior User
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post
I’m looking closely at colors to decide now I’ve seen several Spruce, and even one with the sport package. For the sport, for the lack of a better word, it’s just too “feminine” of a color. Kind of like having a one ton truck in light frosty blue or light rose. Just not feeling it. Nothing about willow green says “sporty”.
Now I saw a Platinum the other day in Spruce with blacked-out windows, and it looked good, but lighting seems to change the color from okay to eh easily. I’m betting the color will only last a year. Kind of a “let’s try it and see if it sticks”. From the lots here, it’s not turning out to be a big seller.
Well everyone has an opinion... Anyway I preferred a truck that is a little different from all the thousands of white, magnetic, and silver trucks out there already. The silver spruce kind of reminds me of the teal color I always loved on the GM trucks but just a little lighter. It would be a boring world if everyone was exactly the same. Not everyone has to have a truck that is lifted with 37s; those trucks look awesome but so does the truck pictured above and my new F250 will also. Since it is my money being spent here I care not too damned much what everyone else thinks. Plus I plan on this truck being the last one I ever buy so re-sale is not a concern either.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:18 AM
rewillia
Senior User
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post
I'd also have to agree to disagree, but in saying so appreciate that we all have our own likes/dislikes and opinions which influence our individual decisions, preferences and choices.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:25 AM
smokewagun
Posting Guru
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by llmflyfisher View Post
Well everyone has an opinion... Anyway I preferred a truck that is a little different from all the thousands of white, magnetic, and silver trucks out there already. The silver spruce kind of reminds me of the teal color I always loved on the GM trucks but just a little lighter. It would be a boring world if everyone was exactly the same. Not everyone has to have a truck that is lifted with 37s; those trucks look awesome but so does the truck pictured above and my new F250 will also. Since it is my money being spent here I care not too damned much what everyone else thinks. Plus I plan on this truck being the last one I ever buy so re-sale is not a concern either.
Youre all over it. Like I said, the Platty I saw looked good. I just dont see “sporty” with the black trim. My phone didn’t load the photos, but I just saw the Limited. That looks sharp.
I agree on the common colors. Having a hard time choosing. That’s why I got into custom graphics over 30 years ago. I wanted different. Not this peel and stick stuff today, but individual crafted graphics. Now, if Ford would bring back the old Island Blue I’d be happy.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:28 AM
Greg Hamilton
Junior User
Greg Hamilton is starting off with a positive reputation.
Silver Spruce is a high gloss color that almost looks gray when it's cloudy outside and has a green tint to it in direct sunlight.

I wanted Platinum in Ignot Silver and couldn't find on for anything in December. I found a Silver Spruce and was tempted but couldn't make myself do it. As soon as the sun hit it my wife and I both said NO, just too green.

Rewillia did a great job explaining ceramic coat. I work with several guys that have done it to the their trucks and camping trailers and swear by it. I just picked up my F350 Platinum Ignot Silver last week and will have it ceramic coated in the next week or two as soon as they can get it in. My son in law just had his Black F150 Sport done and it is a night an day difference. No more swirl marks and just shines! Absolutely worth it if you ask me.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:30 AM
SCOTTx88
Junior User
SCOTTx88 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:12 AM
llmflyfisher
Senior User
Now I am wondering if I should have ordered silver like I was going to originally. I think it may be too late though. I ordered the black interior to go with the silver spruce and I think it will look good. But now having doubts. I want to get it right and not be regretting my choice. I really wish ford offered the solid gray color that can be had on the F150s. That looks really sharp. A guy at work bought one like that and it looks awesome.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Mkos1980
Senior User
Mkos1980 is starting off with a positive reputation.
How did you order SilverSpruce with black interior? I was trying to do it when I was doing a trial build and the dealer said you could only get camel with it. Same with the ordering guide....

Old 02-14-2019, 11:17 AM
smokewagun
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Mkos1980 View Post
How did you order SilverSpruce with black interior? I was trying to do it when I was doing a trial build and the dealer said you could only get camel with it. Same with the ordering guide....
No. it’s available. Look around.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:21 AM
mattymax
Elder User
mattymax is starting off with a positive reputation.
https://www.koonsfordbaltimore.com/c...c21687b0d8.htm

On the lot with black interior. About 10K under MSRP

Old 02-14-2019, 11:40 AM
llmflyfisher
Senior User
Initially built it on the website and no problem with the black interior. Looking at the photos and video I think the silver spruce will be awesome.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.