Why I ordered an F-450 and expect to be overweight. - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Why I ordered an F-450 and expect to be overweight.

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Why I ordered an F-450 and expect to be overweight.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:46 AM
bobv60
Posting Guru
bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by JD'sBigredv10 View Post
Everyone knows that if you exceed the payload printed on the sticker you are a dangerous menace to society and obviously hate your family and puppies.

I love your common sense approach to your choice. Way too many people are obsessed with the payload sticker at the expense of real world capability. I will own a 450 one day whether I need it or not.
Everyone knows all the worlds problems would be solved if we all just obeyed the door sticker.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:30 AM
wicked 2018
Elder User
wicked 2018 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by visceral View Post
Interestingly, we had to get our Host order quickly because campers built after 3/1/2019 will have a ~9% price increase (Thanks Trump!), so we might have a camper before a truck.
would love to know how this is our presidents fault for a private companies decision to increase cost of goods.

I can all but guarantee it is a shady sales tactic to pressure you into ordering and looks like it worked for them. You have no truck, that you are still trying to justify why to buy.

Steel companies tell you the same thing - even before Trump was president. Scare you with price increases for a sale.

In in the end, over time everything gets more expensive. I didnít see anything getting cheaper during previous president 8 year term. And donít expect from our next.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:34 AM
Joe T
Senior User
Joe T is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by senix View Post
Al is lighter so that may help. As for upping the registration, I did that on my 08 F250. It had a 10K sticker but registered it for 12K.
I don't understand why the OP is bragging about not paying the proper registration or getting the right drivers license. Thanks for the pot holes *** hole...

Its kinda like these guys thinking they one upped the system by trading in a 250 for a loss to get a SRW 350. Probably just an excuse to get a new truck, wife would complain without a legit reason.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Joe T
Senior User

will have a ~9% price increase (Thanks Trunp!).

Ah I see why you don’t understand now.

Also, pay your taxes, it’s not our responsibility nor is it foreign companies dumping products to fix your pot holes.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:49 PM
visceral
Freshman User
visceral is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
I don't understand why the OP is bragging about not paying the proper registration or getting the right drivers license. Thanks for the pot holes *** hole...

Its kinda like these guys thinking they one upped the system by trading in a 250 for a loss to get a SRW 350. Probably just an excuse to get a new truck, wife would complain without a legit reason.
Wait... I'm the *** hole? Show me the taxes in the state of Oregon that I'm avoiding. Show me how to register for a 16k truck with a 14k door sticker.

Go ahead. Back up your ignorant bull ****. I'll wait.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Joe T
Senior User
Took 2 seconds buddy. Pay your taxes.

https://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/Forms/Motcarr/9922.pdf

Again you can complain about Drump all you want. Doesn’t change the fact you are evading taxes at all our expense.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:58 PM
visceral
Freshman User
Originally Posted by wicked 2018 View Post

would love to know how this is our presidents fault for a private companies decision to increase cost of goods.

I can all but guarantee it is a shady sales tactic to pressure you into ordering and looks like it worked for them. You have no truck, that you are still trying to justify why to buy.

Steel companies tell you the same thing - even before Trump was president. Scare you with price increases for a sale.

In in the end, over time everything gets more expensive. I didnít see anything getting cheaper during previous president 8 year term. And donít expect from our next.

Then you'll be wrong when one more customer (or all of them) has to pay significantly more for any camper.

Or if the publicly available price sheet shows approx. 9% rise in the base MSRP.

When I did the factory tour over holiday, they were working a full shift on the 26th and every station was full. They don't need my sale. Also, the camper is definitely not made with steel (though the weight sticker implies it).

Old 01-06-2019, 01:03 PM
visceral
Freshman User

Again you can complain about Drump all you want. Doesnít change the fact you are evading taxes at all our expense.
LoL. I was going to pay for T-plates anyways (as is any vehicle over 10k GVWR. It's a 14k truck). You think that magically changes Ford's rating of the truck (the point of the original post) and makes me any less liable for failure under load?

That was the whole point of the post you seem so angry about at 10am on a Sunday.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:14 PM
wicked 2018
Elder User
wicked 2018 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Then you'll be wrong when one more customer (or all of them) has to pay significantly more for any camper.

Or if the publicly available price sheet shows approx. 9% rise in the base MSRP.

When I did the factory tour over holiday, they were working a full shift on the 26th and every station was full. They don't need my sale. Also, the camper is definitely not made with steel (though the weight sticker implies it).
i was not implying it’s steel. Simply stating how industries scare people into sales. I’m in sales myself - it’s true. It’s always month end, quarter end, year end... prices going up blah blah.

Again prices always inevitably go up. But “advertising” your future price increase is only for the purpose of impacting sales now. Otherwise - if they didn’t need your sale they wouldn’t threaten the increase to you. Or let me guess, sales guy was really cool and just helping you out. lol

If they don't need your business why not let you wait to buy until after the increase to buy? They will make 9% more. Fact is they want sales now. Bird in the hand my friend.

They do need your sale. Because without sales they’d be out of business. Capitalism at its best.

They "blame" Trump and maybe that makes you feel good also. But if they are working 3 shifts in the holidays its supply and demand. Lots of demand, low supply - raise price. Maybe they are expanding next year and need to fund the growth.

Either way, its a private company and its not our presidents fault.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Joe T
Senior User
Not angry. I feel like I’m watching fake news though.

If your not exempt then why not pay the $47 extra per the link? You said you are over weight.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:15 PM
bobv60
Posting Guru
bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.bobv60 has a good reputation on FTE.

Again you can complain about Drump all you want. Doesnít change the fact you are evading taxes at all our expense.
I have been a lincenced driver in Oregon for over 40 years, incliluding a CDL.
That chart you posted for COMMERCIAL VEHICLES.
We do NOT Need to paid them if we are not for hire and our utility trailer is registered for 8,000lbs or less.
RVs are exempt from that as long as it is for personal use.
Please understand each state is different.
Where you are from, and meny other states may require anything over a 250/2500, or 10,000lbs GVWR, to be licenced as a cormercial vehicle, but in Oregon, and seversl other states, it is not the case.
I do not pretend to be an expert in your states regulations, but believe me, i have gome through this MANY TIMES.
I am on my second F450, mutiple F350/3500 SRW and a more than a few f250/ 2500.
I had several 5th wheel and travel trailers, currently a large tripple slide truck camper, a dump trailer and a utility trailer.
Oregon DMV does not care about my camper.
when I looked into registering my dump trailer for over 8000lbs I was shown that chart.
What would happen is I would get a perminent plate for the trailer, then would have to register the truck to the GCVW that i wanted, and then pay those fees, and get a truck plate.
my undersyanding is i would NOT need a CDL as long as I stayed under 26,001 GCVW or be for hire (get paid).
Another option for us is, if you can prove farm income, you could get farm plates at much cheaper than the list you posted
like you did say, those fees are not baised on any of the trucks raitings, just how much i want to pay.
In Oregon, there are a lot of heavy duty utility trailers registered at 8,000lbs.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:19 PM
Joe T
Senior User
Gotcha but he was implying his payload off the registered GVWR so it had me confused.

In my state you have to register and license for it but not get a CDL if for personal.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:10 PM
visceral
Freshman User
As an experiment though, since I'm also that proud tax paying liberal that isn't too common around here I'm going to take up Joe's idea. I'm going to try and get registered at 16k gvwr. The dealer takes care of all of that, so it may involve a couple trips to the DMV, but I'm going to take a swing at paying the extra $47 a year and see how straight-forward it is. At least that way other states would have a harder time giving me @#$% if I was registered in my home state for 16k and they decided to start weighing RVs, which I have never heard of in my 40-something year life. (assuming I weight less than 16k ).

Gotta hold up my end of the Portland Oregon image

Old 01-06-2019, 02:17 PM
bobv60
Posting Guru
As an experiment though, since I'm also that proud tax paying liberal that isn't too common around here I'm going to take up Joe's idea. I'm going to try and get registered at 16k gvwr. The dealer takes care of all of that, so it may involve a couple trips to the DMV, but I'm going to take a swing at paying the extra $47 a year and see how straight-forward it is. At least that way other states would have a harder time giving me @#$% if I was registered in my home state for 16k and they decided to start weighing RVs, which I have never heard of in my 40-something year life. (assuming I weight less than 16k ).

Gotta hold up my end of the Portland Oregon image
I dont see the $47 a year. I see $485 per year.
compaired to about $120 for two years.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:29 PM
visceral
Freshman User
Originally Posted by bobv60 View Post
I dont see the $47 a year. I see $485 per year.
compaired to about $120 for two years.
If it ends up being commercial vs. non-commercial, I'll stick with personal and avoid the CDL. This truck will see 5k miles a year *at most*. I don't commute by personal vehicle, and this would be a terrible commuter vehicle anyways. If it's just a matter of paying extra for 2k, I'm in. That's a helpful get-out-jail for other states that someday might weigh RVs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.